7

t/w  - homophobia & slurs
         - mild violence & bullying

***

Kaspbrak Residence, Derry, Maine
Monday 18th July 1992
2:11 am

Richie's POV

—————————

Speedily, Richie made his way out of the classroom, but the boy he was longing to meet seemed to have vanished amongst the tidal wave of children. He looked around, trying to pin point him, only to be met with disappointment.

Until he felt a soft touch on his arm. The fingers were cold against his skin, making him shiver.

He whipped his head round excitedly, hoping to see the beautiful, honeysuckle-eyed boy he'd been admiring earlier.

Instead, he was met with a boy much taller than him.

He didn't have the same eyes as Eddie, and not just because they differed in colour. They lacked warmth just like his fingers did.

His hair was messy; a mullet hairstyle peeked at Richie from the back of the boy's head as it curled around the sides slightly.

Nonetheless, Richie smiled, getting ready to introduce himself. He held out his hand for the boy to shake.

"Hey, I'm Henry." The tall boy had beaten Richie to it.

Richie was about to reply when suddenly, the fingers on his arm grasped his flesh tightly. Richie tried to break free, pushing and shoving at the boys arm, but he failed. Henry continued to say nothing, until a menacing chuckle escaped his lips.

"Hey, what's your problem man?" Richie asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh sorry, it's just funny seeing a speccy little faggot flailing around, looking like an idiot trying to get away from me," the cruel boy said, tightening his grip. Richie knew that he in fact wasn't sorry.

"I thought you'd enjoy this," he continued, "you know, being a fairy and all. And don't try to deny it, I saw the way you were staring at the girly boy earlier."

Henry's words angered Richie so much that he swore he felt his face flash dark crimson in fury. He hated the way he'd referred to the beautiful boy from earlier in such a degrading way, as though being 'girly' was a bad thing. Richie didn't even know the 'girly boy', yet he felt as though Henry had just insulted his lifelong best friend.

Swiftly, and without any hesitation, Henry's face was met with a short, sharp punch of Richie's free hand.

Henry was shocked. Never had anyone ever retaliated. Richie noted that Henry's eyes, for the first time since seeing this boy, seemed to hold emotion. It almost looked as though they were riddled with sadness.

Soon enough, however, his eyes flashed black like a shark's.

"You're going to regret that fag," Henry bit back with particular emphasis on the cruel name he'd given Richie. He drew out the 'f', knowing it made Richie's blood boil, before punching the small, shaggy-haired boy back, only with more force and power. Henry clearly had experience in this field.

Richie's head surged back, his neck contorting in inhuman way. His little body didn't expect the blow, and definitely not one of this kind.