9

Kaspbrak Residence, Derry, Maine
Monday 18th July 1992
12:06 pm

———————————————————

"Richie, you need to go," Eddie spoke, his eyes leaking, his voice deep and trembling. He stood with his hand clutching the front door, getting ready to shut Richie out.

"But Eds-"

"Go." The small boy's breath rattled against his paperweight lungs. His sharp tone startled himself, let alone the gangly boy stood before him. Eddie did the only thing he could do and that was slam the door.

In a slump, he made his way back upstairs to his room only to be greeted with a sight he had hoped to God he would never have to see.

Sonia sat upright on the edge of his bed, a large plastic bag full of discarded pills lay dormant on her lap. Her podgy fingers snaked around it, pulling it to her chest.

"And you didn't think I would find out about you not taking your pills, Eddie bear?" Her voice feigned innocence. Suddenly, she shot up and was backing Eddie against his bedroom wall, looming over him like a predator about to eat their prey.

"Momma I'm-I'm s-sorry-" Eddie stammered out, only to be cut off by Sonia's grating voice.

"They help you Eddie, you know this-"

"No, Ma, I don't think they do," Eddie challenged. He felt his posture grow taller as he gained confidence.

Sonia cackled at her boy's naivety, "Then why did I just find you in bed with another boy? Do you know what you've done Eddie?" She cupped his face harshly, "You've sinned. And you are to never see that boy again, understand? Because if you do," Her grip tightened around Eddie's cheeks, her nails digging into his skin, "I will not let you leave this house ever again."

Eddie stood there dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to do. His burst of confidence had ceased. Before he knew it, his eyes were seeping again, but silently this time. He knew he couldn't see Richie again. And that thought broke him, but he couldn't let his expression falter too much, not while Sonia was there.

"Answer me," Sonia gave Eddie's face a short, sharp slap and he was back in the room again.

"Yes, Ma I-I understand," Eddie murmured, no hope to be found in his voice.

"My good boy." She leaned down and planted a soft kiss onto Eddie's speckled nose before holding the bag of pills up. It was tied in a neat knot so that Eddie could easily undo it whenever he needed to. Her fingers moved up to the knot and untied it painfully slowly. Once it was open, her broad hands tipped the bag upside down. Pills of rosebud pink, sapphire blue, mustard yellow collided with the floorboards and scattered about the room, creating a horribly loud symphony that made Eddie wince.

"Now pick them up." Sonia exited the room with a shuffle, laughing to herself. As soon as she was gone, Eddie was on all fours, picking up the mess his mother had made while his vision blurred and his cheeks stung.

There was a light knock at the door, followed by a lanky boy with raven matted curls bounding into the room.

"Eddie? What's wrong?" Richie came to Eddie's side and cupped his face, but in a soothing and calm manner, not like Sonia's touch.

Eddie sobbed harder, "She won't let me see you anymore. Richie, I need to see you. I love you-"

"Shh- I love you too bubba, but please don't cry. I hate it when you cry, although you look so beautiful. Well, you always do," Richie smiled fondly before remembering his main objective of calming his love down, "Eddie, we will work this out. Everything will be okay." His fingers traced moons and stars into Eddie's skin, the same moons and stars that Richie saw when he kissed Eddie.

Richie leaned forward, connecting his forehead with Eddie's as his fingers continued to caress Eddie's skin. Slowly, he puckered his lips and pressed them against Eddie's, a short but comforting kiss.

Eddie fluttered open his eyes to find Richie wasn't there. He was alone. He figured that's how it would feel forever from now on. And there was nothing he could do about it.

———————————————————

ok so this book was No.3 in # stenborough i- what the heck! thank you so much for the continued support you have given me, i love all of you endlessly. sorry this chapter took so long, but hopefully i will have this book finished by the end of the year. it won't be really long and i have a clear plan of where i want to go with it! again thank you, it's super crazy that it was #3, i remember i saw it and thought my phone was glitching PAHA! okay have an amazing day i love you <3

 it won't be really long and i have a clear plan of where i want to go with it! again thank you, it's super crazy that it was #3, i remember i saw it and thought my phone was glitching PAHA! okay have an amazing day i love you <3