SEVEN

THE RESCUE MISSION

After reuniting with Clarke and Finn, Finn insisted that he walked ahead because he was the 'tracker'. Apparently, he did well in Earth Skills. Not that Lawrence believed him.

He's a liar.

Liar.

Don't trust liars.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asked what everyone was thinking, giving Lawrence a bazaar look as she spoke to herself, but he decided that for his own safety, he would keep his mouth shut.

"We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker." Bellamy answered sarcastically and walked closer to Lawrence, who shivered once there was a gush of cold air. "You cold?" He whispered, Lawrence merely nodded and Bellamy wasted no time in taking off his jacket and handing it to her.

"Thanks." She whispered up to him and pulled the jacket on. She'll admit, it was her own fault for only wearing a big t-shirt.

He gave me his jacket.

Caring.

Once again, indebted.

"It's called cutting sign. Fourth year Earth skills. He's good." Wells interrupted.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your back?" Finn snapped as he looked towards a broken twig.

"Would you look at that?" Lawrence fake gasped. "It's a broken twig." She wided her eyes as Finn knelt down to examine thw twig. She tilted her head up to look at the sky. She hadn't seen amy more birds since yesterday.

Strange.

"See you're invisible." Bellamy leant across to Wells, not even seconds after they heard a loud groan.

Lawrence didn't hesitate in running towards the sound. It sounded like someone was in pain and all she could think about was Jasper. Admittedly, she didn't know him too well. The only time she had talked to him was when he asked if there was a bar to buy both Wren and Clarke a drink. But she was now indebted to him. She needed to save his life.

Lawrence stopped herself once she saw Jasper strung up to a tree like bait. She wanted to climb up and help him down, but she knew she couldn't do that without the others.

Fucking limitations.

"Don't ever run off like that again." Bellamy said angrily, he'd looked down at the blonde girl and held her wrist. "It's dangerous." She narrowed her eyes as she looked up to him, she was trying to read his thoughts but even she knew that was impossible.

"Don't worry about me, Bell, I can handle myself." Lawrence said with a chuckle. "Murderer." She pointed to herself.

"Jasper?" Clarke said as she advanced forward.

"What the hell is this?" Bellamy questioned looking up to Jasper.

Lawrence instantly grabbed a hold of Clarke's wrist as the ground beneath her fell through. But the small girl wasn't strong enough to pull her up on her own. For a split second, she thought about dropping her. That way The Ark would think she was dead. Because she would be dead.

Drop her.

Yes or no?

No.

NO!

Innocent.

Unfortantly save her.

Bellamy instantly grabbed Lawrence, he didn't care about Clarke or if she fell into the pit filled with daggers, it would probably be better if she did, then he wouldn't have the hassle of trying to get the wristband from The Arks Princess. He just needed Lawrence safe.