FIFTY TWO

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

"I don't get why you didn't just trust me." Lawrence snapped at Clarke, President Wallace had escorted the girl back to the dorm, making Lawrence curious as to why. It turned out that Clarke didn't trust Lawrence when she said the wound was an bullet wound and not a arrow wound like the mountain men were claiming. She knew what she saw, unfortunately Clarke didn't trust Lawrence's viewpoint, just what the girl wanted to find out on her 18th birthday.

"I just needed to see for myself." Clarke said back calmly. Her eyes flickered over the girl, who had a clenched jaw and narrows eyes.

Don't get too mad. You need her to trust you. To work along side you rather than against you, Bellamy hushes.

Bellamy's voice came from behind her, which caused the blonde to jump, but his large hands gripped her biceps to steady her. Lawrence closed her eyes and relaxed at his touch.

Happy Birthday, Baby, he whispers.

Thank you.

"I just wished you trusted me." Lawrence paused. "What did you see?"

"I looked like an arrow wound." Clarke said defeatedly.

Lawrence furrowed her brows, she saw a bullet wound, or was she only seeing what she wanted to see? She turned to face Bellamy, who refused to look down at her, which only confused her more, she knew that he saw the wound too, he should have known what it was.

"Well, maybe because it is an arrow wound." Jasper came from behind the girl, Lawrence jumped as the boy placed a hand on her shoulder, allowing her to know that he was there. When she turned around and was only met with Jasper, making her chew the inside of her lip as she tried not to cry at the fact that Bellamy had disappeared again.

"Or that's what they want us to think." Clarke continued, her eyes flickering between Lawrence, Jasper and Miller. Jasper just rolled his eyes. "What? They could have doctored it." Clarke continued.

What did you think Law? He asks.

You're back!

Bellamy was now stood in front of the girl, he brought his hand up to tuck a piece of hair out of her face. The girl smiled, nuzzling into his palm, but there was no warmth like usual.

"It did look like a bullet wound." Lawrence added with a firm nod.

"Clarke, you sound like a crazy person." Jasper muttered without even thinking twice. "Why do you want to screw this up for us?" Jasper questioned.

"I don't know what this is." Clarke's voice cracked as she looked up to Jasper.

"For now, this is safety. This is a place to sleep. Some where we can get food and get clean." Lawrence stepped in, before either of the boys had a chance to. "This is shelter and warmth."

The girl didn't exactly trust the people in Mount Weather but at least they weren't getting murdered by the grounders. At least here, she could keep them safe and make sure they were fed and for the first time in a long time they had comfortable beds. For now, this was safety until she figured a way to get out and find the people from The Ark.

"And my personal favourite," Jasper cut in. "not getting speared by grounders. How long do you think they'll let us stay here if you keep this up?"

Clarke step forward and tilted her head slightly. "Did someone threaten you?"

"No. No. It's common sense." Jasper shook his head at the blonde girl. "Look, we're guests here, not prisoners. What would you do with a guest who kept calling you a liar and generally acted like an ungrateful ass?"