THIRTY FOUR

IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH

Lawrence had taken Murphy into the dropship and both Derek and Conner insisted to stay with Lawrence to protect her. The blonde wanted to laugh at the irony of Conner now wanting to protect her after what he did. Thankfully, Monty stayed beside her too. But Lawrence knew that Conner was trying to suck up to Bellamy for what he did to her and Derek was hoping that he'd become closer to him just like Miller did.

The blonde girl sat beside Murphy, her hand holding his tightly. Murphy noticed the way that the girl flinched every time that Conner looked at her. He tried to dismiss his own thoughts and focus on his survival.

"Where is he?" Bellamy questioned as he walked into the dropship. Murphy visibly flinched at the sound of his voice, so Lawrence shuffled  in front of him. She had promise to protect him. No matter how exhausted she was, she intended on not breaking that promise.  

Bellamy's eyes widened once he saw the bloody state that Murphy was in and the fact that Lawrence sat in front protecting him. His eyes flickered over the girl, she looked okay. No new injuries and she looked a little more rested but still exhausted

"Everyone but Conner and Derek out. Now." He demanded, if Conner wasn't such a good gunman, he probably would have been dead by now. "You too, Law."

No.

She heard the cock of a gun and looked over to Conner, who aimed his riffle at her. She gulped down and shuffled closer to Murphy. To anyone looking, it seemed as if Conner was pointing the gun at Murphy but she knew that if he was to shoot, it would be her dead, not the boy.

"No." Lawrence said stubbornly. "I'm staying in here with you guys and Murphy."

"He claims he was with the grounders." Derek reported back.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Conner continued. Lawrence closed her eyes and she got vivid flash backs to the way he took her up to the top level of the dropship and demanded to know why she murdered. When she didn't answer she was shocked. She still could feel the pain of the eletricity buzzing through her body.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the grounders and looking for Wren." Murphy muttered weakly.

"Anyone see any grounders?" Bellamy questioned clenching his jaw and cocking his gun. Both Conner and Derek shook their heads. "Well, in that case," Bellamy trailed off and held the gun up to Murphy. Lawrence used all her strength to push herself up and stand in front of the gun. Bellamy's jaw tightened as he looked at the blonde.

Why was she protecting him?

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Finn questioned pushing Bellamy's gun down.

"We were clear what would happen if he came back." Bellamy raised his gun again.

"No. If he was with the grounders, then he knows things that can help us." Finn said standing beside Lawrence.

"You're not killing him, Bell." Lawrence said strongly as she looked up to the curly haired boy. Bellamy's eyes softened slightly as he looked at her. He hated how much power she had over him. But his anger was blinding, he shook his head.

"Help us? We hanged him, we banished him and now we're gonna kill him." Bellamy said, he couldn't let his emotions get to him.  No matter how he felt towards Lawrence, Murphy knew what would happen if he came back here. "Get the hell out of my way." Bellamy looked towards Finn.

No.

"Law," Bellamy let out a deep breath he didn't even know he was holding. Lawrence grabbed the end of the gun and slowly lowered it to the ground, her soft eyes boring into his brown ones. "Think about Charlotte." Bellamy muttered in an almost begging tone.