𝑡𝑤𝑜

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃
{1x02}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"ikki, meelo, stand still." amai commanded. they were all standing side by side anticipating korra and tenzin's arrival at the training ground.

she could faintly hear the voice of her father coming up the path, "korra's gonna air bend! korra's gonna air bend!" ikki cheered as she jumped up and down.

"what is that contraption?" korra asked, referring to the wooden gates behind the siblings.

"a time-honored tool that teaches the most fundamental aspect of air bending." he stopped to stand with his children, "amai, would you like to explain this exercise?"

"the goal is to weave your way through the gates and make it to the other side without touching them." amai told korra who was standing right next to her.

"seems easy enough," she shrugged confidently.

"amai forgot to say you have to make it through while the gates are spinning." jinora added on.

tenzin approached the gates and masterfully produced air that flowed through the wooden panels, causing them to spin rapidly. he then held up a leaf and explained further, "the key is to be like the leaf. flow with the movement of the gates. amai will demonstrate."

amai skipped delightfully to the gates and weaved her way through them as her father spoke to korra. amai's feet remained light, and her other limbs were moving about gracefully. to her, it was a waltz with the wind, always moving and never forcing her way through. and before she knew it she made it to the other side.

elegantly, amai pushed the wind towards korra so she could try it out. she made her way back over to the other side just in time to see korra ram right into a wooden palette.

"stay light on your feet," amai tried to advise her. "don't force your way through," jinora added. "dance, dance like the wind," ikki also attempted. "be the leaf," meelo said with a little dance move.

however, none of their words seemed to work and korra came crashing down still on the same side as she started.

"maybe we should take a break."

***

"do you mind the fact that we're vegetarians?" amai asked. she was leaning up against naga watching korra attempt to air bend at a newspaper that showed a picture of lin beifong.

korra didn't hear her, she was too focused on trying to air bend that she even attempted saying it out loud to try and get it to work. "air bend." she commanded herself.

"what is wrong with me? air bend!" she strived, getting more and more frustrated. finally she used her fire bending to disintegrate the paper.

"korra, you just have to be patient." amai sat up as she came to sit by her.

"maybe i'm just not cut out to be an air bender." she slumped in defeat.

amai looked at her, slightly appalled. "you can't force the wind korra, you just have to let it flow through you. and air bending is all about patience." she tapped the blue arrowhead on her forehead to indicate her knowledge, causing korra to snort and push her friend.