𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
{1x04}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
it was a rather chilly, late fall night. one of those colds that came just before the snow, which amai hated. she was never a fan of winter, with autumn being her favorite time and the seasons of the air benders. she always felt stronger then, but that would slowly wash away when the snow would powder the grounds.

amai was laying down comfortably across the outside stairs of one of the buildings of air temple island, listening to the music that emitted itself from the radio perched on the railing. in front of her was korra, who was practicing some movements before heading to bed. amai always liked to watch her practice, seeing and studying the different techniques of other bending styles.

the peaceful radio began to go static and crack, until a voice came clearly on through it, "good evening, my fellow equalists. this is your leader, amon," korra suddenly stopped what she was doing, amai sat up sharply, watching her friend. "as you have heard, the republic council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. but we cannot be stopped. our numbers grow stronger by the day. you no longer have to live in fear. the time has come for benders to experience fear."

amai watched as korra's eyes were wide, with sweat pouring down her face. "korra!" she exclaimed, leaping forward toward her in just one stride. "korra, are you okay?" she asked, taking ahold of her hand and leading her to the stairs.

"yeah, i'm okay," she answered shakily.

amai looked at her skeptically, "i know you're lying." she didn't say anything back, "he scares me too."

"but i'm the avatar!" she exclaimed in frustration, "i shouldn't be scared of this, i should be out there looking for him and putting a stop to this." korra huffed, putting her head between her knees.

amai peered around her legs to look at her, "it's okay to think about yourself sometimes. especially you, you need it." amai lifted korra's head and peered into her blue eyes, "you need it most of all. you're under so much pressure."

"you are too," korra wanted to steer the attention away from her, "you have a whole population to grow."

amai chucked slightly, "yeah, i have to do that." to repopulate the air bending nation she was supposed to have kids, and witnessing what her mother went through every pregnancy and every birth, it just wasn't for her. but she knew she had to find a nice man and have air bending children.

"i'm tired," korra yawned, pulling amai out of her thoughts.

she checked a small clock that was near the training area, "yeah, it's almost midnight. and we have more training tomorrow."

korra got up and held her hand out to amai, who took it happily. "goodnight, amai."

"goodnight korra," amai waved as they separated. amai was finally beginning to understand the battle inside her, whether she wished to have her own children or not. that's what she thought it was. little did she know that this conflict would run a litter deeper than expected.

***

after a particularly long day of training with korra, and dealing with her siblings, amai was excited to finally sit down and have a nice quiet meal. however, that didn't go according to her plan.