𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
{1x03}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"what's the big idea with making me train this early in the morning? the morning is evil," korra muttered.

"you're telling me," amai yawned, holding pabu above her as she laid down on the gym floor.

it was an early morning for the fire ferrets, and korra felt the need to drag amai along with her to watch her train. in korra's thought process, it was a good way of getting amai and bolin together, and she would get alone time with mako. but she didn't realize that bolin liked korra and amai well, she didn't like anyone. she spent nights trying to discover why she didn't like the boys there, but no conclusion really came to her yet.

"we're the rookies, so we get the worst time slot in the gym." bolin explained tossing a ball around to his teammates.

mako caught the ball and added, "you're the rookiest of us all. we gotta get you up to speed if we wanna survive in the tournament. deal with it." he tossed it to korra.

"you deal with it!" she took the ball and threw it, unnecessarily hard, back to mako nearly knocking the wind out of him. amai had to giggle at it.

"there are my little hard-working street urchins," a man called walking into the gym, "it's an honor to finally meet you, avatar."

amai and korra shared a skeptical glance, "and you are?"

"i run this whole pro bending shebang," he answered.

"that didn't really answer the question," amai muttered under her breath.

he handed mako a stack of yuans. "here's your winnings from the last match." all of them looked delighted and very pleased with themselves. "ah ah ah, not so fast." their faces sunk, "first, you owe me for the avatar's new gear, gym and equipment rentals from last month, rent on your apartment, and a personal loan for groceries." he took a stack of bills for each excuse until there was nothing in mako's hand.

he glared at his younger brother, "what? i'm a growing boy!"

"oh, and one more small item of business:" great more bad news, amai thought. "the fire ferrets need to ante up thirty thousand yuans for the championship pot."

"thirty thousand yuans?!" they exclaimed in unison. although amai never believed in material things such as wealth, and korra didn't know how money worked, they still knew that thirty thousand yuans was a lot.

the man shrugged, "sorry, kids. you got 'til the end of the week to come up with the dough, or else, you're out of the tournament." and he left.

bolin turned to korra, "you wouldn't happen to have a secret avatar bank account overflowing with gold, would you?"

she turned out her pockets to indicate there was nothing she had, "i've never really needed money. i've always had people taking care of me."

" then i wouldn't say you have nothing." mako uttered in a tone that made amai grow angry.

korra's emotion was quite different than amai's, "sorry, i didn't mean —"