𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐑𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆
{1x05}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fresh snow began to fall on air temple island, despite the fact that it was still the middle of autumn. amai shivered violently as she watched her sisters and korra fill the fruit baskets for the flying lemurs to eat from.

"so, how's it going with the tall, dreamy fire bender boy? you've been spending a lot of time together lately." amai's boiling blood seemed to heat her up enough to move about, taking the bowl from jinora.

ikki decided to add onto jinora's comment. "oooh, yeah! tell us all about the magical romance." the two girls were so immersed in the older girls' lives, envying them, wanting to go on adventures and live like they did.

"what? listen you two, i-i'm not interested in mako or any romantic stuff." she heaved out a heavy sigh, "besides he's all into that prissy, beautiful, elegant, rich girl ... but let's just pretend for a second i am interested in him. what would i do?"

amai gave korra a skeptical look, "you're asking a ten and seven year old for romance advice?"

korra shrugged as jinora spoke, "i just read a historical saga where the heroine fell in love with the enemy general's son, who's supposed to marry the princess. you should do what she did!"

"tell me!" korra demanded. amai rolled her eyes, she was familiar with the story jinora spoke of, having read it herself. it was something the girls did often, amai would read a book and then pass it to jinora to read.

"she rode a dragon into battle and burned down the entire country. then she jumped into a volcano. it was so romantic!" jinora swooned.

korra grew doubtful of her words. but amai had to agree, in the context of the story it was a wonderfully romantic thing to do.

"no, no, no!" ikki grabbed the attention of all the girls, "the best way to win a boy's heart is to brew a love potion of rainbows and sunsets that makes true lovers sprout wings and fly into a magical castle in the sky, where they get married and eat clouds with spoons and use stars as ice cubes in their moonlight punch. forever and ever and ever!"

"the volcano is starting to make more sense to me now." korra sighed and turned to amai, "what about you? got any advice?"

"my advice? ignore him. men like it when you play hard to get." amai shrugged passively.

"like you know anything about getting a boy to like you, amai." jinora teased.

"hey! i read those books first!"

a little giggle came from up the path. it was the girls' mother, carrying more fruit to feed the flying lemurs.

"oh, hey pema." korra greeted her, slightly embarrassed, "uh, how long were you standing there?"

"long enough. but trust me, i know what you're going through. years ago i was in the exact the same situation, with tenzin." she smirked as she approached them.

ikki was in shock, "daddy was in love with someone else before you?"

pema smiled confidently, "that's right."