12 I someone to stay

Chapter 12

"Here come the coolest people I know," Tyler greeted us as we entered the yacht. Alexis and I chuckled at his words, then he hollered to the crowd, "This is officially the best party ever."

Everyone cheered along with him and then went back to minding their own business. It was the usual mess of getting wasted, making out and grinding on the dance floor.

The type of scene I always avoided by being comfortably holed up in my bedroom.

I wasn't a people person. Period.

"You're so dramatic," I said and tsked at him. He gasped and placed one hand on his chest in mock hurt, then goofily winked at us.

Tyler was so easygoing and childlike, it was impossible to dislike him.

"Hello to you too, party boy," Alexis teased Tyler, before she side-hugged him, "Don't take her bitchiness to heart, she's just grumpy because she can't find a certain someone."

She added with a sly smirk and pulled away, I merely rolled my eyes. None of my attempts of reasoning worked on Alexis' crazy imagination, so I didn't bother correcting her.

Though her words did pique my curiosity to locate the source of my predicament, he was nowhere to be found.

"And here I thought I was your favourite," Tyler teasingly grinned at me, "Loverboy must be at the bar."

"Contrary to your invalid notions, I don't care about his whereabouts," I said with feigned indifference and shot a look to Alexis, who was controlling her laughter. Way to go, best friend.

"Whatever you say," Tyler said with a smug grin and gave me a two-finger salute.

"If that's what you want to believe," Alexis joined in with the same sly smirk, which clearly meant she wasn't going to let it go.

"Oh look, Jace is here," I said, and Alexis' face paled in response while Tyler looked amused with the situation.

"What? Where?" She turned and searched the crowd. Then, almost instantly, her wits came back, and she glared at me.

What can I say? Payback's a bitch, and well, so am I.

"Gotcha," I shrugged while smirking at her.

"Ha. Ha. You're so hilarious," she sarcastically replied, but we both knew it wasn't over.

"I know." I quipped and added, "Now, go and enjoy while I find a quiet place to survive this night."

"You mean find Adrian?" Alexis countered, and I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun, Olivia. Just not too much fun, alright?" Tyler said in between chuckles.

"You guys know me so well," I said with a mocking smile and finally got away from them.

I roamed around the place and took in my surroundings. Neither was I a fan of crowded places nor did I enjoy the company of loud and wasted people. But I had to keep up my end of the deal, and that was the only reason I was at this dreadful place.

I had already suffered a lot for one night.

I was nursing my second martini for the night safely tucked in one corner when I noticed Ethan was standing alone nearby. As the host of the party, he seemed to be out of place, so I decided to accompany him, and he nodded at me in acknowledgment.

"Looks like someone is having a great night," I said sarcastically, and he gave me a small smile.

"I can say the same about you," he smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes.