13 I olivia

Chapter 13

"You didn't have to walk me back," I murmured as we reached my apartment floor

"Obviously, I had to," Adrian stared at me earnestly, then added with a wink, "I would be a fool to pass up the opportunity to know where you live."

I chuckled at his remark then rebuked, "I'm thinking of filing a restraining order against you."

"Like that could keep me away," Adrian shot back, and I scoffed, but a sudden warmth settled over my chest.

I held the two martinis I had consumed and the confrontation with Adrian accountable for my wayward emotions.

"Olivia," Adrian repeatedly called out my name, but I didn't halt or wait up, I continued to walk ahead. I had been right about not trusting him all along.

His footsteps drew closer as he chased after my retreating form, I rolled my eyes at his persistence.

It had been a week since the incident, and I had grown tired of his false excuses.

The same way, he was tired of giving me space or letting me ignore his pathetic attempts.

Too bad for him, because I was about to snap at him pretty soon, and it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience.

"Be on time for the presentation tomorrow," I reminded him the day after the party.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, nerd," he grinned down at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You better not," I quipped with a genuine smile.

I broke out of my reverie as Adrian gently grabbed my wrist and whirled me towards him, "Come on, you can't keep ignoring me."

"Last I checked, I didn't require your permission to do so, and I still don't," I countered and pulled my hand out of his grasp.

"You're still pissed?" He questioned incredulously, and I stared at him wryly. If only he knew.

I wasn't pissed, just extremely disappointed, and that was definitely worse.

Professor Langford shot me a look as I continuously tapped my foot on the floor. But I didn't care about the glances he and the entire class were shooting my way. My eyes were zeroed on the door of the classroom, awaiting the arrival of my least favourite person at the moment.

As the second-last pair made their way to the podium, I sent him another text.

You have two minutes to reach here, I'm not even going to waste time expanding on the 'otherwise'.