PART I - THE GAME STARTS

"Raise," he leaned back to his chair after putting another coin into the pot, looking straight at the girl's unwavering eyes. The edge of his mouth curved up into a smirk. "Still didn't understand this game, girl?"

"Shit. Fold," the man beside him cussed and put his cards on the table.

"Raise," she put another coin to the pot and leaned back again after that. Not fazed with whatever the man across her playing. He might be bluffing, or he really has a high card.

"Fold," the last man on the table sighed and leaned back to watch how the rest of the game ends. The dealer gave the last card to the deck in front of them. She took it and peeked it carefully, not making any expression.

"All in," the man across her said with a smirk, giving all the coins to the pot.

"Call," she bet too as giving all her coins to the pot.

The man revealed the card in hand. He made a four of a kind of 9s with a 10 hearts card in the end. She only raised her eyebrows and revealed her cards, showing the perfect royal flush to the man. He dropped his cigarette when he jawed dropped, staring at her royal flush.

"I think you're the one who's still not understand this game," she said, taking all the coins on the pot. "People can easily read your movement from your expression and hands. I'll keep my poker face if I were you." She left the table with loads of coins and went to the room beside.

"Another good game night?" the man smirked at her after taking her coins and exchanging it with some cash.

"Probably," she kept it simple.

"Not going to play for another round?"

"You know I have class tomorrow morning, right? And so do you," she tilted her head a little. "Chang Kyun."

"Planned on skipping," he shrugged after giving the cash to her.

"Aren't you not supposed to be doing that? You're already on the last year of college. Should be focusing on your studies rather than your father business, if I were you," she retorted and took the cash before putting it on her backpack nicely.

"Yeah, well. Going to college didn't make money. But, I make money here," he raised his eyebrows. "Dad didn't mind it though."

"Okay, then," she nodded, didn't want to pry into his business any longer.

"You'll come again tomorrow, right?"

"No," she said and headed to the door.

"Why? You're a good player here! Isn't it a waste not to use your talent?" he was taken aback by her statement.

"I'm quitting," she bit her lower lip and looked at her childhood friend. "You should play in my stead. You're not that bad either."

.

The lecturer's voice was almost like a lullaby to the student's ear. Most of them already resting their heads on the table or their hands. Books blocking them from the lecturer's gaze. Or some even took the back seat and sleep behind the tallest student on the class.

"Okay, I think that's it!" the lecturer exclaimed as he closed the thick textbook, making all the sleepy student wake up. "Don't forget about the next assignment. I hope to see your presentation perfect. Dismissed." The students were happy to leave the room once the lecturer disappeared before the classroom door.

She stretched her body as she already felt it got stiffen due to the lack movement. She glanced beside her, still finding her friend asleep with the thick textbook standing straight in front of her.