PART XII - GAME NIGHT

It was the fanciest game night she has ever seen. She could see all higher up people everywhere she went. Bankers, Politician, Businessman. All gathered in one place. Wearing gold and silver dangling on their head and neck. Sometimes she could see a table bet with gold and not just money. Definitely not going to join those table. Thanks to Chang Bin prior reminder, she was asked to dress nicely as there will be so many important people. Wouldn't want to be an embarrassment, would they? The only nice thing she has on her wardrobe was only the tight black dress she got from Ryu Jin on her last birthday. It exposed her back while the length was fairly above her knees, showing her legs.

"That's Hyun Jin," Ji Sung looked towards the grand staircase on the main lobby. Just like how fairytale always describe princes, he descended the stairs elegantly just like those princes. As if he left the story book and lived outside. People was sparing glances at him and the kids behind him. "Damn, he got all the girl's attention again."

She finally knew about who he is as Jeong In was explaining about it on the way. Part of The Royal Family of Poker. It was a lousy name, to be honest. However, they're confident to call themselves royal as they depend on their wealth. Clearly can be seen as they always invited important people every year. Jeong In also said all three generations of each family played poker. Well, since the boys other than Seung Min, Chang Bin, Min Ho, and Hyun Jin were not interested with poker that much, they just enjoyed the event as if it was someone birthday party.

"Hey, guys. I'm glad you can come," he approached them, smile already plastered on his face. His gaze now turned to her. "I'm glad you can come too. You look wonderful tonight." She mouthed a 'thank you' before her attention drifted to a familiar girl approaching them.

"Y/N!" she called, hands waving vigorously. She instantly smiled, letting her teeth showed before walking past through Hyun Jin who stood across her. She hugged her once they're close. It's been days since they met, though they're still in contact. "I miss you so much, sister!"

"Me too," she said, looking at her deeply. "How come you're here?"

"I'm part of the family," she excitedly said.

"You are?" she widened her eyes, not believing what she just said. Ryu Jin rolled her eyes playfully before giggled. "I mean, I know you're a silver spoon, but I didn't know you're a part of this." Before Ryu Jin could respond, someone talked behind them.

"Sorry to interrupt this heartwarming moment," Hyun Jin cleared his throat. "But father already asking for us." Ryu Jin only nodded at him before looking back at her best friend.

"I'll see you around?"

"Yes. I'll see you around," she smiled softly at her. Ryu Jin bid goodbye and went towards one of the rooms on the first floor. Hyun Jin looked at her, mouthing an 'I'll see you around' quietly before following her.

For someone who never has friend before, Ryu Jin was like a sister to her. She always cared about her every day, asking about her daily activity. Someone to rely on. She's the only person she's ever talked about her emotions, even though only once. But still, Ryu Jin made her wanted to open up about her feelings. Sometimes she felt guilty as the past few months can't hang out like they usually did. However, she understood that she has something more important to do and ready to help whenever she's needed.

"I didn't know you are friends with Ryu Jin," Min Ho spoke beside her, making her startled. "I guess you already know about their family then?"

"Nope," she answered, her attention now changed to him after seeing Ryu Jin disappeared behind the door. "I didn't know they are sibling."

"They're not," he shrugged. "They're cousin. Didn't Jeong In already tell you? Royal Family of Poker consist of five families. Hyun Jin and Ryu Jin are their family's third generation. The most important generation if I must say. I think not all of the family are here."

"What do you mean?"

"You see, there're two people inside our circle who also became part of the family last year. However, they moved back to Sydney for some reason. They didn't explain to us that clearly," Min Ho explained.

"What are you guys talking about?" Seung Min approached them, together with Chang Bin.

"Hyun Jin's family tree," Min Ho replied before sipping the champagne on his hand. "You're done taking photos here?" His eyes looked to the camera Seung Min was holding before looking back to the boy.

"Well, for now. I was informed there will be the main event. Just trying to save up the memory for that," he chirped. That's why Hyun Jin and Ryu Jin was called. Were they preparing for the main event? Whatever that is, she has decided not to get involve. Being a bystander in this event was already good enough for her.

"Anyway, do you see Ji Sung and Jeong In?" Chang Bin looked around for those two boys.

"They're going to the dessert section the last time I checked," Min Ho replied coolly. "Don't worry about them. They're going to be okay." Even though Min Ho already said not to worry for them, Chang Bin still went to the dessert section to look for the boys. Leaving the three of them behind.

"Have you tried the food? They have many delicious things back there," his question was originally directed to Y/N, but tried not to be rude by sparing some glances to Min Ho. However, he noticed what Seung Min was planning to do.

"I'm more interested with the game," Min Ho said. "See you later!" He left and disappeared between the crowds that swarmed the game tables. He was not expecting this. It's just the two of them now, standing side by side.

"Nope," she replied to his question. "I'm starving right now. Let's go check it out." She suggested and he immediately accepted her suggestions. Indeed, there's so many menus displayed on the table. Most of it were her favorite food. After taking food they wanted, Seung Min led her into one of the tables outside the room as the moonlight was pretty. He also said the view outside Hyun Jin's residence was beautiful. It was not only her though, there's a few people eating dinner outside, admiring the landscape before them. The candle on each table made the whole mood into romantic.

"How long are you into photography?" she started asking him questions. Thought it would be awkward to just eat silently without exchanging any words between them.

"Long enough until I can buy this camera myself. I saved my money and finally I can buy this last month," he explained.

"Your photos must be really good since Hyun Jin believed in you to be their photographer. Can I see it?" she looked at him, hoping he would say yes. Turns out he denied her offer and took his camera away from the table.

"Sorry, I think next time. I'm not to confident about the photos today," he looked away, trying to escape her gaze.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. But I want to see it someday," she smiled at him. Honestly, even though she has showed them her smile a few times, he can't get enough of it. He nodded instead of voicing out his respond. "By the way, You seems to know Hyun Jin long enough that you know this is the perfect spot to have dinner."

"Yeah, I know him since high school," he admitted while munching his food. "I have been invited to his house numerous times that I know every spot in this house."

"Then, you must also know about this 'Royal Family of Poker' thing?"

"Yup, he told me a few times before. After hearing all of his story, I'm glad I'm not born that wealthy and have an annoying grandparent. Him playing poker was forced by his grandparents to continue their family tradition. Even though they named themselves like that, actually they're playing against each other," he explained. "His sister was not that different. Luckily, she can study overseas to escape their parents wish since she's the youngest. Hyun Jin was the oldest and the most expected to pass down the family tradition."

"He has a sister?"

"Yeah, Hwang Ye Ji," he spilled the name. "They only separated for a few months, though. Basically a twin." She only nodded after hearing all of his explanation. "I'll tell you more about the family once the main event started."