PART XVII - APOLOGY

"Y/N! Please, listen to me for a sec!" Chan followed her, tried to gain her attention. "Please." She just rolled her eyes, annoyed enough for having the same class as him. Luckily, his brother took different major, so she won't have another emotional day. She felt he's been staring at her all day, as if telling her he has something to say to her. "Y/N!" Okay, now he got other students attention, it got kind of embarrassing. She stopped and turned around, grabbing his hand and taking him somewhere more secluded. An unused classroom. Perfect.

"Tell me quickly," she said sharply while folding her hand across her chest.

"Okay. Look," he started. "You should just reject the offer. It wouldn't put you in a good position anyway if you accept the offer."

"And you don't want to save Ye Ji? Your own cousin?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I want to! But it's my family problem, we shouldn't let outsiders involved," he sighed. Well, at least he realized that.

"That's all?" she looked at him giving a curt nod. "If that's all, okay then. I'm leaving." She's about to turn around but again, he grabbed her wrist making her stopped in her track. Her eyes trailed from his hand to his somehow also shock eyes. Probably he's also as surprised as she was. "Got something to say?"

"Um...," he tried to look for an excuse before finding a lame one. "You looked rushed back there, are you going to meet with someone?" He mentally facepalmed himself knowing perfectly she was avoiding him. She blinked for a few times before looked away, trying to suppress her laughter. He's obviously panicked, but his dumb question really funny. He immediately tensed down once saw she laughed casually.

"You're really asking me that? I'm sure you do know I was avoiding you," she said between her laugh. He slowly let go of her hand and scratched the back of his head, feeling embarrassed.

"Then, you're not meeting someone?"

"I am," she answered after done with laughing. "I'm meeting with Seung Min." He furrowed his eyebrow, thinking that they're kind of close. Do they have special relationship between them? Before he could ask, she spoke. "Anyway, I'm sorry about lashing out the other day. I was too upset with the whole situation and get my emotions out of control."

"Don't be. I think it should be me who apologized," he shook his head vigorously. "We started off on a wrong foot anyway. So, I'm sorry." There's a silence once he stopped talking. She looked at his eyes, looking at how dark his orbs were before finally letting go of that gaze. It possible she might fell into those dark abysses. He wanted to touch her. Wanted to touch how her face sculpted up beautifully. How silky her hair. But she already turning her heels and headed towards the exit.

"But I'm still not going to let you down on my suspicion list," she half-shouted and disappeared behind the door. He slumped himself to the nearest chair and ruffled his hair.

"Great job, me. Great job," he sarcastically said to himself.

.

Since the lecturer hasn't entered the classroom, the class was still noisy. Probably because of the girls who swarmed around Hyun Jin. Either trying to sit beside him since there's a vacant seat or just trying to open up a conversation in which he didn't even interested in. While Seung Min on the other side, tried hard not to get annoyed by the girls high pitch voices and focused on his work. Just then, another squeal broke out from the front row as they saw Felix entered the classroom. However, his face was unreadable. He furrowed his eyebrows as if thinking about something, not minding all the girls trying hard on catching his attention.

"Felix!" Hyun Jin called and opened up the vacant seat next to him. He quickly sat beside him and took out all the books inside his bag. "What's wrong? You seem... lost." Hyun Jin quickly drove the girls away from swarming him as he felt it might be something personal. Seung Min also now looked at him, listening on the conversation.

"She suddenly came up to me saying sorry about yesterday. But suddenly?" Felix explained and looked at them, confused. Hyun Jin was almost as confused as him, but Seung Min already know what he meant. He was talking about Y/N. "She also said that it's okay to not accept her apology since I have the right to be mad at her. At least she has apologized to me, she added. But before I could even reply, she suddenly left!"

"Who are you talking about?" Hyun Jin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Y/N," Seung Min answered for Felix. Actually, Felix was surprised that he's able to catch on quickly but tried not to express it. "So? Are you going to forgive her or not?"

"To be honest, I don't know," he shrugged. "I'm still mad about her father but after looking at her suddenly apologized to me, I don't know myself."

"Yah," Seung Min sighed. "You should be mad at her father, not her. He's the one who sent you to Australia, not her." What Seung Min said was actually made sense. But unfortunately, Felix has a pride he has to protect.

"I'm still mad at her remarks though," he raised an eyebrow. Hyun Jin and Seung Min could only sighed.

"If you didn't start, she wouldn't talk like that, you know?" Hyun Jin's turn to comment.

"Why none of you guys on my side?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you guys like her or something?" Actually, Hyun Jin was taken aback, but finally able to regain his composure. While Seung Min just sighed and shook his head before continuing his works. Inside, his heart beat crazily.

"It's the right thing to do, you know? To forgive her or at least reply her. You won't leave her hanging, will you?" he patted his shoulder. "Don't you know a thing about girl? Have you ever had a girlfriend or something?"

"Please! I have been in a relationship before," he rolled his eyes. The lecturer entered just in time. Everyone scurried back to their seat, waiting for the lecturer to make his presentation. Felix was still deep in thought. Maybe it was rude of him not to give her a reply. It did feel uncomfortable, knowing that she has forgiven him for being a jerk. Not to mention, she didn't mind him still mad at her. Well, what Seung Min said also right. He supposed to be mad with her father, not her. Maybe he'll reply to her once the class finish, not promise he'll able to find her.

To their surprise, the lecturer ended the class earlier than usual. He quickly took his books and shoved it inside his bag. Once he finished, he made a run outside classroom avoiding all the girls questions and invites about joining him on lunch. He quickly found his way to the cafeteria but stopped when the crowded cafeteria came into view. It might be a hassle if she's really inside the cafeteria as he hated crowded place. He fished out his phone and dialed Chan. Probably he knew about her since they're in the same major. Unfortunately, he didn't pick up. Was he still in a class? If so, his effort on replying to her was meaningless.

"I suggest you should be ready for his class 10 minutes prior since he dislike late students," the familiar voice he's searched for finally rang in his ear. He turned around and saw Chan with her standing outside their major building and taking a shade from the blazing sunlight. He walked towards them while restoring his stamina from running around. "Even if you did a good job on all of his homework, you'll still get maximum a B if you're late to his class."

"Chan," he called and gained both attentions. She looked at Chan after recognizing Felix coming to them.

"See you tomorrow then," she quickly greeted and left them, but Felix grabbed her wrist.

"Wait, it's you who I want to talk to," he stopped her. Chan tensed up as he felt this might go to where they first met and ready to intervene if it got too heated. At first, he didn't say anything as he was trying to find the right words. Her eyes looked at his face and changed to where he still held her arms. Not tightly, but still strong. Felix noticed this and quickly let go, muttering a few sorry and looked away. Continued on finding the right words.

"Is it about this morning?" she started, almost annoyed at him.

"Yes!" he sighed in defeat. "I accept your apology. I apologized for being a dickhead yesterday. It's not you who I'm supposed to be mad at, but knowing you related to your father really worked me up yesterday. So, yeah. Sorry."

"That's okay. You have your own reason," she replied instantly. She patted his shoulder and have a quick smile before going home. Chan eased up finally, knowing there won't be a fight break out.