PART XVI - ENCOUNTER

Probably he shouldn't worry too much about them, especially Felix. The moment Hyun Jin introduced them, an intense staring contest broke loose. Being the good brother he was, Chan tried so hard on soothing the tension between them. The only reason that plausible was they knew about the upcoming engagement between them if she ever accepted the request. Since the reason they left to Sydney was because of her father, Felix won't let her join his family even if she might boost up their family power.

"I didn't know your grandpa like this type of girl, Hyun Jin?" he said sarcastically.

"Felix!" Chan warned him.

"What? You expect me to accept her immediately? Have you forgotten that because of her father we're sent to Sydney?" he raised his voice, annoyed.

"If it's not because of your lousy skill in poker, you wouldn't be sent to Sydney," she countered. Felix looked at her, widening his eyes before letting out a scoffed.

"Y/N! Be nice, please," Hyun Jin asked, more like begging. She spared a quick glance at him before letting out a scoff.

"Yeah, right," she muttered and left the group. After last night urgent meeting, Chang Kyun suggested that it's better for them to suspect every member of the family, including Hyun Jin. Limiting her interaction with the family member, which she found hard on limiting her contact with Ryu Jin. Chang Bin also said that Jae Hyun and Min Ho will looking out for Ryu Jin. Once they are positive that she's Hyun Jin's grandfather informant, they'll immediately close any contact related to her.

She tried her best on limiting her interaction with Ryu Jin right now. Replying to her messages as short as possible and not telling her anything detail about her life. Probably Ryu Jin already wondering the sudden changes but decided not to show it on their usual chat. Luckily enough, she didn't have to meet Ryu Jin as she got different classes.

"Y/N!" Chan called her as he tried to catch up to her. She didn't even intend on stopping. He sighed and grabbed her wrist, turning her to look at him.

"What?" she sighed, knew she can't escape his tight grip.

"Look. I'm sorry about Felix," Chan started. "He's still young and can't control his emotion. Please forgive him."

"Look, I'm sorry if I'm being rude back then," she looked away while brushing her hair back before looking right into his eyes. "But, I don't think you know the reason I'm like this. Right now, I can't even trust any of you guys. On top of that, Hyun Jin's grandfather wanted to control my life."

"About that, can't you just decline the offer?" he asked, hand still not letting her go.

"If I decline it, Ye Ji might never come back," she answered while he just nodded understood. "Rather, even if I don't care about Ye Ji, I think he won't let me slide that easily."

"Y/N," Seung Min voice interrupted Chan on replying her. He looked at how Chan held her hand tightly. "Chan, I think you're hurting her." Chan looked down and was surprised himself, immediately he let go.

"Sorry," he muttered silently.

"We're going to grab lunch," Seung Min already changed his focus onto her again. "You want to go with us?"

"Who?"

"Me, Chang Bin, Min Ho, Ji Sung and Jeong In," he listed the names, assured her that none of the family will come along.

"Sounds good," she nodded and eyed Chan before left him.

"Maybe next time," Seung Min patted his back and followed her closely. Honestly, Chan was taken aback once she brushed her hair back and let her silky hair fell down perfectly. Not to mention, the golden sunlight enlightened her eyes making the lighter hue of her eye color. He has seen prettier, but this one stuck into his head. Even though she didn't dress herself that feminine, but he understood that she just wanted to dress comfortably without minding others opinion. Probably, that's the most enchanting first impression he has ever had.