ephesians 6:11

jimin pulls into the church's parking lot, opening the door and stepping out into the cold air, the chilly wind nipping at his nose and cheeks, causing him to shiver

jimin makes his way to the left side of the church, taking the side entry that led to the basement -where the little 'get together' was currently being held-

jimin walks in, smiling when he sees his friends soojin and lucas standing over by the food, their back toward him.

jimin takes off his coat, setting it down and walking towards the pair, earning their attention when he calls out to them.

"oh my gosh, hey jimin" soojin smiles, hugging the said male, jimin giving one in return, also smiling towards lucas.

"hey bud," he greets, earning a giggle and handshake from jimin.

"how's the party been so far?" jimin asks, biting his lip as he tries to ignore a bad feeling creeping up.

"don't worry, you didn't miss much" lucas chuckles, "we are about to eat dinner, though, they're cutting the party a little short, so everything kind of...shifted if that makes sense," lucas says, earning a nod of understandment from jimin.

"why are they ending it early?"

"i don't know, i guess the priest is just tired...it's kind of stupid but it's whatever"

† † †

everyone was sat around the table, jimin along with about 15 other teenagers and young adults sitting around the long, plastic table, food in front of them.

"i wish your parents could have been here jimin, they are both extremely lovely" the priest smiles, sitting across from the boy, "would you like to say the prayer for tonight?" he asks, earning a smile and nod from jimin.

"of course"

everyone goes silent, jimin licking his lips and clearing his throat as he starts to speak.

"Lord God and giver of all good gifts,
we are grateful as we pause before this meal,
for all the blessings of life that you give to us."

"kim seok-jin, an 18-year-old male has reportedly been rushed to the hospital, a car wreck taking place on south ave, just a few miles away from the convenience store..."

"Daily, we are fed with good things,
nourished by friendship and care,
feasted with forgiveness and understanding."

"the second car along with the other victim are nowhere to be seen, concluding that the wreck is a hit and run..."

"And so, mindful of your continuous care,
we pause to be grateful
for the blessings of this table."

"the victim is currently in critical condition, and doctors wonder if he'll make it through the night..."