Part 5

Ryder

I missed my baby's voice. It's been three days and she still hasn't spoken or moved. I was getting worried about her so I called my clan's medic and asked him to take a look at her. He specialised in human anatomy and was a doctor when he was a human. 
I didn't particularly like the idea of him touching my mate but it had to be done. 

"Hey, babe," I murmured and my mate's eyes flickered to me, "Do you feel any better?"

She glared at me and I internally winced.

"Guess that's a no," I smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

I laid down on the bed and pulled her small body onto mine, tangling my fingers in her hair. It was getting harder to resist her, especially when she was so close and smelled so good. With my free hand, I traced her fingers, smiling faintly at seeing how small they were compared to mine. I had only left her side a few times, and once was to go and make sure my friend was okay, the other was because someone had dropped a candle and set the kitchen on fire so I had to take care of that. 

"Mmmhhhmmmm," 

I perked up, looking down at Rogue, "What?"

"Mmhhhhhmmm," her words came out muffled. 

I grinned, "Hey, there she is! My lil' baby's back," I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head. 

Apprehensive hope starts to creep in, maybe she would be okay... just maybe.

Rogue

Your what? I thought, raging inside of my head, motherfucker did you just call me your 'lil baby'? I will fuck you up!

I felt his arms squeezing me and tried so hard to not scream at him. This dude could break my fucking ribcage! But, he was happy and for some weird, weird reason, that made me happy. I had been trying to ask for food, but this dumbass dared to call me his 'lil baby'...

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts and Ryder let them in. A man walked in, carrying a medical bag, and smiled at me. 

"Hello, Rogue," he greeted, crouching down so we were eye-level, "So, Ryder tells me you can't talk yet?"

"MMMHMMM MUMHMMM MHHHMMMMM," that translates to 'no shit motherfucker'. 

"Just so you know we only hear gobbledygook," Ryder informed me.

The doctor chuckled and I fumed even more. How dare he? I have been stuck here for three days, not being able to drink, feed, or shower myself. Ryder had drawn me a bath and had fucking washed me. What would happen when it was 'that time of the month'? Would he have to do that stuff too?

"I'm a doctor, I'm just going to make sure everything is normal," he considered, then added, "Well, as normal as it can be for someone in your situation,"

I huffed. He opened his bag and pulled out a small, grey box. He then pulled a needle from the box and my blood froze, my face paling. 

No. Nope, not happening, no, no NOPE! I did not do needles. 

"Now, this is just going to relax your metal defences enough for me to get through and see whats going on," he said as he filled the needle with some clear liquid. 

NO! I tried to scream, to squirm, to get the fuck away but my body, as it had for three days, didn't respond. Tears built up as he slid the needle into my left wrist and I felt a pinching pain. Small whimpers escaped my closed mouth and Ryder tensed, squeezing my free hand. 

"It's okay," he murmured, "You're alright,"

Stray tears leaked down the side of my face and Ryder wiped them away, making room for more. The doctor pulled out the needle, ignoring my whimpers as he put the needle lid on and put it back into the grey box.