Part 6

ROGUE

His lips were so soft against mine, I didn't expect it. I felt him move me around so I was straddling him as our lips moved together. His hands travelled from my waist to my cheek, cupping it, then to my thighs. He squeezed gently and a growl bubbled up his chest. I knotted my fingers in his red hair, pulling him closer. 
His tongue flicked over my bottom lip, asking me for entrance. I parted my lips for him and he darted in, exploring my mouth, tongues battling for dominance. He won and stroked my tongue and I won a growl of approval when I copied the action. His nails dug into my thighs and I felt the wind move against me, then I was laying down on a soft surface. 

I broke apart the kiss, gasping for air and realised that he had moved me onto the bed in his bedroom. He trailed kisses down my jaw and to my neck. 
My heart started beating faster, both because I had a vampire at my neck and because I also had one in between my legs. 

"Ryder," I breathed as he pressed a kiss to my collarbone, "Ryder."

I pulled back, propping myself up on my elbows. He looked up at me, lust a dark storm in his eyes. He bit his bottom lip, his eyes questioning. I sat up fully and he nodded slowly, looking a little disappointed. 

"We only met a week ago," I murmured, bringing my knees to my chest, "What am I doing?"

He was silent for a while, before he said, "I know that this is confusing for you, Rogue. I'm sorry that I can't explain this to you, but I know that you feel a pull to me, right?"

I considered. At first, I was terrified of him, as any sane person would be... but now, I've grown to tolerate him, like him, even. I liked the way he bit his lip, liked the touch of his cool skin against mine, loved how his voice was husky in the morning when he woke up. Sometimes, when I was feeling alone, missing mum, I craved his touch. 
So, I think that it's fair to say that I feel a special connection with him. I nodded.

"Well, I feel that pull, too," he stroked my cheek with a thumb and pulled me onto his lap, "It's normal. Well, for a relationship like ours, it's normal."

"Relationship like ours?" I asked, looking up at him. 

He nodded, "Yeah. As I said, I can't really explain, but just know that I will always be with you. Okay?"

"Okay," I answered, my curiosity wanting me to push him until he told me, but my instincts told me that it was a bad idea. 

I rested my head back on his chest, letting myself relax and calm down from my previous rush of emotions.

"Why don't we get you something to eat?" he said after a while of just sitting there, lost in our own thoughts.

I nodded and was about to climb off his lap when he scooped me up and started to carry me from the room. 
I frowned up at him, "I can walk, you know?"

"I know, but you've only just regained that ability," he explained, "So I don't want you to exhaust yourself."

I huffed but didn't argue any further. I looked up at him as he walked. His chilli-red hair fell into his emerald green eyes, his pale face looking a shade lighter in the sunlight that streamed through the windows we passed. 
We didn't pass a single person or vampire on our way to the kitchen. Once there, Ryder sat me down on a chair in the giant eating-hall outside the kitchen. 

"Stay here, little fox," he murmured, pressing a kiss to my temple, "I'll have the chefs prepare something for you, alright?"

He disappeared through the kitchen doors, leaving me alone... or, at least I thought I was alone.

"Who are you?" 

I jerked around to face a boy with blue hair and eyes as black as the darkest nightmares. He had a black shirt with a grey hoodie, then a leather jacket over top. Dark blue jeans and a pair of black converse. 
He looked just like every normal human boy, except for the black tattoo that started on his cheek, then disappeared down his neck. It had jagged lines and patterns inside, it looked like some sort of tribal marking, though he didn't look like he was in a tribe.