Part 7

RYDER

I was still on edge, even after taking a relaxing walk with my mate. My brothers, Dylan and Diego, weren't like me. They didn't like hiding in the darkness, blending in with humans. They wanted to be known, wanted that fear and control over the humans. And they had also brought a few of their friends with them, as it turned out. They were all cold-blooded killers, and I hated that they were living in my house, hated that they would be anywhere near my Rogue.

She was small and got scared easily, so she would be an easy target for them and their theatrics. I didn't particularly want them staying here, especially if they could be staying here for as long as one year. But they said that they had run into some hunters and needed to hide out for a bit, and no matter how much I hated them, they were still kin. 
I still had to protect them, but I would still protect my little fox, first. 

"Yeah, I'm starving," she answered, her eyes lighting up at the sight of the food in my hands. 

I smiled and placed the tray down on the bed and she all but pounced on it. I had to contain my wince. 

She hadn't eaten all day, and I kept forgetting how often humans needed to eat. 

"This is so good," she moaned, stuffing her face with the Butter Chicken and Rice. 

I chuckled and picked up the serviette, "Here,"

I wiped around her mouth, cleaning off the grains of rice and curry sauce. She blushed and looked away, hiding her face with a hand while she swallowed. 

"Sorry," she mumbled. 

I huffed and laugh and Kissed her temple, tucking some hair behind her ear. She was so cute and tiny it was hard to believe she was sixteen. 

But the fact that she was so cute and tiny meant that I had to protect her more than I would protect anyone else.  I had to keep her safe, no matter the cost.

ROGUE

I hiccupped for the fifth time and groaned, flopping back onto the bed. Ryder chuckled, laying down next to me and pulling me onto his hard chest. 

"You shouldn't have eaten so quickly," he snickered. 

"What-" hiccup "-ever,"

He laughed again, making my swat his arm. 

I sighed and looked to the ceiling, unsure of what to say to him. I didn't know how I was supposed to start a conversation with him, so we just laid there in a semi-awkward silence. I thought back to the day when we first met in the forest. 
He had seemed so scary and wild then, yet now he was snuggled up next to me. My soulmate- apparently. This was all so strange and new, I had no idea what I was supposed to do with all the information that I had gathered these past few weeks- almost a month. Actually- 

"How long have I been here?" I asked Ryder. 

"Umm- about a month and a week, I'd say," he affirmed, "Though that's just a guess,"

I nodded. Mum would be so worried- so would Luke. If I could just call them to tell them that I was okay- that I was safe then I'd stop bugging Ryder. Maybe once he fell asleep I could go into the closet and use my phone from my bag to send mum a text and tell her I was alright. 
Hopefully, he wouldn't wake up.

"What are you thinking?" Ryder murmured, stroking my cheek with his knuckles. 

"Nothing," I mumbled. 

He frowned and presses a gentle kiss to the side of my head, "What's wrong little fox?"

I shook my head, "Nothing, I'm just tired. I did a bit of running today and it hurt my legs a bit," I said, only half lying. 

He nodded, seeming to think my explanation plausible enough. He settled back down on the bed and kissed my forehead, smiling. 

"You're beautiful," he whispered. 

I hummed a laugh, "Not as beautiful as you,"

He chuckled, pulling me closer and resting his head on mine. I put my hand over his chest and half expected there to be a heartbeat- but there wasn't one. I guess some part of me still didn't believe in that fact that he was a vampire- dead but still alive. 
That same half thought the idea of a soulmate laughable, this was the logical half of my brain. The other half that believed all of this and embraced it was my imaginative side- my artist and creative side. It believed in magic, werewolves and vampires and all of the legends- okay maybe not all but some of them. I liked that part of my brain, but I also loved my logical side. It kept me grounded-and as a child stopped me from having nightmares by convincing me that there was no such thing as a Killer Clown that would eat you if you got too close or said its name.

"I love you little fox," Ryder suddenly whispered.

My heart froze for a second, unsure of what to do, and before I could stop myself I whispered back;

"I love you too," 

I cursed myself, even as my heart did flips in my chest when he looked at me like that. With complete trust and adoration and love, the look I never thought anyone would give me. The look girls like me could only dream about. Ugh, that sounded so stupid but it's true. 

He didn't say any more to me, just kept looking at me and pressing the odd kiss to my face. His arms were still wrapped around me tightly as I let my mind wander. I thought of his brothers, of the other vampires I had met in the hall a few hours ago. I was so weak compared to them, like a was a helpless little fawn and they were a pack of wolves tracking me by my scent. It would only be a matter of time before they closed in on me...

I wondered if Ryder would be there in time to save me again. 

ALRIGHT, I KNOW IT MIGHT BE A BIT SHORT BUT I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER CHAPTER OKAY? OKAY.

BYEEEEEEE!!!😈