Chance Encounters

Daenerys

She left that morning with a kiss goodbye to her parents, as both her and Rhaenys stepped inside the chariot where Arianne awaited the two ladies, Viserys and Quentyn would be riding on horseback from the Crownlands into the Westerland's where Casterly Rock was located. It would be a long ride that would take a fortnight, where they would stay at local taverns along the way.

Dany looked out the window as the chariot jerked along the dirt-filled road, not knowing when she would ever see her parents again if ever, they should.

Her parents had agreed, if either she or Rhaenys found a match at the Baratheon boy's name day feast, Viserys would be there to open marriage agreements. But what saddened her the most, was what her father did after, he had agreed with Viserys, that if she or Rhaenys weren't married within a moon. Viserys could marry her to Quentyn and Rhaneys to Renly.

Since her parents were leaving for Volantis the following day for trade and to see her brother Rhaegar for money since he's been stationed there for years.

She thought once more about marrying someone she didn't know or probably would ever love. Dany didn't know what was worse about being a woman in their time.

It was either you fell in love with a lord or the lord's son, or be sold off like a broodmare by your family to the highest bidder. She had prayed that morning in the family's sept, to gods she didn't believe in, begging that either her or Rhaeny's found a match to take them away from her abusive brother.

A sennight before their parents return, Viserys had gotten mad when Rhaenys spoke back to him, she was adamant on never marrying Renly Baratheon, even walking away due to Viserys drunken rants, which only seemed to fuel his anger even more, as he grabbed her, knocking her to the floor and began kicking Rhaenys who tried blocking his kicks.

Even she got slapped to the ground while trying to stop her brother's kicks to Rhaneys stomach if it were not for Arianne pulling Viserys off of them. She was sure they both would've died at her brother's abuse.

He spat words of control and ownership to them both. "I am the head of this house and you both will obey me, and not wake the dragon within me!" has he walked out the solar, while Arianne ran to fetch help from one of the servants.

Since that night Dany noticed Arianne's distance from her brother, good at least she gets to see the vile man, Vis truly is.

That night as they both laid in bed, each made a promise in blood to the other, "where you go, I go."

Rhaenys had laughed whispering in her ear as she laid next to her with their hands held tight, "if you are lucky to find a match Dany, I will find a way to be with you. I don't think I would survive under Viserys abuse."

"And I you Rhaenys," Dany whispered back to her, knowing even if the other had to suffer and beg to not be parted, they would stick together from this day until their last. Even if neither found a match at Casterly Rock, whatever gold they had they would take with them and ferry a ship

from Lannisport across the Narrow Seas to one of the free cities in Essos.

Anything was better than staying at home where her parents were always away trying to make enough money to keep Dragonstone Manor and her father's business afloat, because of the Iron-born pirates, her parents would suffer losses of merchandize if their ships were attacked.

If it wasn't for Rhaegar, Dany was sure the tax collectors would've thrown them out into the streets a long time ago.

"What troubles you Daenerys?" turning from the window as her eyes fell upon Arianne who was eating an apple.