And Now We Are One

Daenerys

It had been a week since they arrived at the Inn at the Crossroads, after the ship, they left Lannisport on, brought them to The Crag. From there they had to take a carriage to where they currently were.

Dany was playing with her food like always from where she sat across from Rhaenys. Both kept their heads down and covered under their cloaks, eating the meal being served for dinner that night. It wasn't anything she had ever eaten before. But then again most of the meals that were being served at the Inn, she had never tried before, everything was hearty and filling, especially tonight's venison stew.

The young man who normally recommended the meals they ate daily, kept coming over towards them, asking questions about where they were from? and what brought them to the Riverlands?

It was always the same questions every day. The boy even picked up on their accents and knew they were from the Crownlands. He also shared he hailed from the Crownlands himself, Fleabottom in Kings Landing to be exact.

Dany didn't know what to make of the boy who introduced himself as Hotpie, or why he kept coming back to their table when there were other tables filled with patrons, she was sure needed the ale he kept offering them, even when their cups were still filled. Her niece at that moment was humming as she ate. The poor boy seemed to think she was trying to get his attention.

Dany chuckled when Rhaenys told the boy she was humming to whatever the bard was playing. That only led the boy to sit next to her, telling her of all the bards that visited the Inn at any given time. After an hour, the boy finally rose when the Tavern owner called to get him to go bake more kidney pies and fresh bread.

"Well, it seems duty calls." He offered his goodbyes before getting up.

"I thought he would never leave," Rhaenys grumbled as she took another sip from her cup.

"We should head back upstairs; I don't think lord Stark's men are coming to the Inn today Rhaenys."

Her niece only agreed as they both made their way upstairs. It was already late and they had been doing the same thing every day since being there. It was like clockwork; the young man would see them and strike up a conversation with them, even when they ignored him, or asked if he wasn't scared he'd get fired and replaced, which he always laughed off. Nothing they said worked in getting rid of him.

They weren't inside their room for an hour when a knock came to the door, as Dany placed the brush in her hand down, whispering to Rhaenys. "Please tell me the boy didn't follow us upstairs to talk to us again at this hour?"

Her niece only shrugged as she got up from the small vanity to conceal her small clothes with a robe, as Dany did the same.

"Who is it?" Rhaenys called out as they both heard the boy's voice on the other side.

"Send him away." Dany pleaded.

Rhaenys cleared her throat, sounding annoyed. "I'm sorry Hotpie but, we've already gone to bed."

Her niece looked back at her when she heard muffled voices, as another knock came at the door.

"Rhaenys is that you? Are you decent?"

"Arthur?" Rhaenys called out as she opened the door at once, where both Arthur, Robb, and Jon walked inside their small room.

Dany could see Jon's eyes fall on her at that moment as she tried offering the man who helped get them out of Lannisport a curt smile.

Arthur turned to the young man giving him a gold coin for his troubles, causing Hotpie to bite down into it, making sure it was real before taking his leave.