You're Mine

Viserys had gone missing or as Aerys liked to think went into hiding, if his son had any sense he would be long gone from Westeros before Rhaegar received the letter he sent detailing everything he had recently found out what Viserys had been doing to both Dany and Rhaenys. That was if Rhaegar ever came back to Westeros. Aerys blinked back that thought. He would return if it concerned his daughter being abused Aerys wanted to believe. His son always sent money to take care of Rhaenys' needs, but the girl also needed her father. There were many times Aerys wanted to take Rhaenys with him and his wife whenever they visited their son in Volantis. But their son always refused, telling them he didn't know what he would do if the ship she came on got attacked by the Iron-born. But what Viserys did should be enough to get their boy to come back to Westeros, it had already been ten years since his last visit.

Aerys' thoughts then went back to Viserys, the young man had not been the same since Mace Tyrell refused his daughter's hand in marriage to Viserys, breaking him. But never did he expect Viserys to take that anger out on his niece and sister.

He would not condemn Rhaegar for whatever he ended up doing to Viserys. Not after what he and his wife learned, Viserys had been doing to both his daughter and granddaughter. He blamed himself for not noticing or at least suspecting what was going on under his roof while he and his wife were away trying to keep their business afloat. He also wanted to blame those that worked for them, but could not, most were probably also afraid of their son sending them away with no way of feeding their families. Now here he and his wife sat in Tywin's private solar waiting for answers while the man read over the letter his maester had just handed to him just a few minutes after they entered.

His wife's eyes were still bloodshot red from crying, worried for the safety of her girls, while not wanting to forgive herself for not taking better care of both Dany and Rhaenys.

He had tried his best to comfort her over the past few weeks, telling her it was not their fault for entrusting them in Viserys care, only to find out their son had been physically abusing both girls for years.

It was by a chance they even found out before Rhaegar did.

Their ship was still docked in Dorne after canceling their trip to Volantis to see Rhaegar, information came about the Iron-born already sinking four ships near Lys, one of which was a civilian ship taking its passengers to Tyrosh the other three were merchant ships. It could have been them that were captured or killed, never to be seen again. Like most that came across the man who styled himself as king of the seas Euron Crow's Eye Greyjoy or his niece who was just as ruthless Asha Greyjoy.

Those Iron born pirates had already cost him a lot, from sinking ships that had cargo to be traded and sold or now costing them a visit with Rhaegar. But maybe it was for the best. Aerys realized.

That was how they found out what was happening at their home while they were away. If they had not run into Oberyn and Rhaenys cousins, they wouldn't have known.

It was Arianne who confessed to them everything she knew and had witnessed in the days spent with them, from Viserys angry outbursts to his violent tendencies. Her brother who had wanted his daughter's hand in marriage said nothing. No wonder his daughter refused to be his wife. She was smart to see the kind of man Quentyn was. Aerys Observed.

His thoughts ran to both his daughter and granddaughter wondering why his girls never came to him or Rhaella. Maybe they were too scared of Viserys or worried neither he nor Rhaella would believe them.

Aerys thoughts flashed back to the anger and hate-filled eyes Oberyn held for both he and his wife when they said they had no idea what Viserys was doing. The entire Martell family must now think of them, horrible people, just from what their son did. He was sure both Oberyn and Doran would be sending a letter right away to his son to shame him. Something he knew Rhaegar did not need.