The wicked and the Good

Ashara

It was cold that morning, the sun was already coming up over the horizon as the wind swept across her dark hair. Many had gathered from earlier that morning in preparations for the event, or ceremony the way these Iron-born loved to make it seem. Which it was not, it never was. Her eyes drifted towards the man who called himself a priest of their faith, her hands twisted within the dark grey frock she wore, wondering what man calls himself a man of faith but found nothing wrong with what he was about to do? The young lady that was trying to scream could not, for no sound came from her lips.

She knew why they did that to all of them before they were sacrificed to their drowned god. All salt wives of the man who called himself the drowned god reborn were subjected to the same torture once they became heavy with child. The majority of them were sacrificed or like the way she thought about it, the ones he became bored of.

First, their tongues were removed by him until they were covered in his blood, she had seen all his cuts whenever he wanted to lay with her.

He always claimed she was his favorite when he took her, never did his seed ever take within her, no child would ever come from her womb, has he spilled inside of her while calling her by his niece's name Asha.

That was not her name, but she would not tell him that. The man was both mad and cruel and took pleasure in making those around him suffer. The men who were closest to him and traveled with him spoke no words, their tongues removed. They were silent like his ship the Silencer.

What she often considered a curse for never providing her husband an heir quickly became a blessing, knowing what she was now about to witness would never befall her.

Her heart clenched chest tightened her breath slow, it was time, even if she didn't want to look, she knew she had no choice, everyone watched each other to make sure they all looked, at the sacrifice being offered to the Crow's Eye, a man she knew as Euron Greyjoy, the evilest living being the gods ever breathed life into.

Her eyes roamed back on the tear filed young woman, her green eyes red from crying, while her honeyed blond hair blew as the winds on top of the cliff started picking up causing her to shiver. A storm was coming and she prayed a silent prayer to gods she no longer believed in after what she had been through and witnessed since living on this godforsaken shit infested island, would take Euron and the men who sailed with him to the bottom of the sea, drowning them in salt until they reached the pits of the seven hells.

He would be setting sail after the ceremony, from the little she had heard when the man spoke in his sleep after he drank shade of the evening, an inky blue substance he claimed gave him visions something the warlocks of Qarth often supplied him.

That night the man spoke of taking what was his, claiming he had already owned the seas, now he needed his rock-wife and make her queen of Westeros. She wanted to laugh especially when everyone knew all the Iron-born did was attack civilian ships, her heart ached then memories she had tried to force to the back of her mind were now making their way back to her, a tear slipped from her eye as she quickly wiped it away before anyone saw her glossy eyes.

Grey eyes looked at her filled with love, "I love you with all my heart, I need you to be strong." His lips crashed to tear-soaked lips as his arms tightened around her. That day the sun had disappeared a storm was on its way, pity no one knew that storm was like none she had ever faced. Their ship had been overrun by the Iron-born who was now boarding. Her eyes followed the one-eyed man with the dark hair, beard, and inky blue lips who was eyeing all of them keenly.

Her breathing slowed recalling these memories. "Please don't let me go." She pleaded before they were pulled apart by one of the Iron-born men, who said nothing, only scowled at them until he motioned with his hand for the one with the pale blue eyes and sandy blond hair to take her.