Chapter 7

(Alright so I didn't do a chap yesterday. Hate to break it to you folks but though I love writing my brain and my RL are not as enthusiastic, so there will be delays for sure but never fear I always finish what I started even if it takes several years. As always like and comment please.)

    As soon as he stepped through the classroom door he knew something was off. A tingling feeling ran up his spine into his brain and before he knew what he was doing he threw his head backwards as a football whizzed past his face and hit the door beside his head, dropping into his already waiting hands and he returned the missile at high speed at his assailant, Flash Thompson and for the second time in, maybe his entire life experienced a nose bleed, all thanks to the school pushover. Peter's mouth dropped open as he realized what just happened.
"Umm sorry Flash" he squeaked, as Flash stood up one hand covering his nose.
"You're dead, you hear! Punk!" Flash roared his face turning a deep scarlet color as he brushed past Peter and headed towards the medical office.
Peter's heart sank. Why did he do something as stupid as that? He wondered as he sunk into his seat and put his head into his hands he knew everyone in the class was staring at him so he didn't bother to look up until the teacher entered the room and started the morning lesson. Flash didn't come back till the class was almost finished and when he did, he shot daggers of hate towards Peter.
       After his first class Peter went straight to the medical office mainly to avoid Flash but also to have his eyes examined. After several eye tests and a lot of whispering between the nurse and the doctor it announced that it was true Peter didn't need to use his glasses anymore. However the Doctor insisted that Peter come back in three days for another checkup.
      Peter left the office and arrived slightly late for his second class, several of the other students that usually ignored him stared at him as he entered. The news of him hitting Flash spread quicker than he had expected. After what seemed to be the longest Grammar lesson ever taught. Peter walked over to the accustomed lunch table where his friends gathered every school day.
"You have that look again Pete what happened?" Harry asked
"Uh, I hit Flash in the nose again with a ball." Peter mumbled with his head down
"YOU HIT FLASH?" DJ spoke louder than he intended, for half the cafeteria turned and looked at him
"Shhh!" Debra hissed at DJ who had startled her with his expiation of surprise "What happened?" She asked Peter
He told them what happened the day before and what had happened with Flash this morning making sure not to mention the sticky hand incident or the tingling feeling that had warned him
When he finished narrating his story DJ shook his head
"It sounds like you need a body guard. Do you want me to stick around after school?"
"Thanks DJ but you don't have to, it's not like he's going to kill me or something" Peter said rolling his eyes.
"He just might since you embarrassed him for the second time this week." DJ warned
  "I remember one time before you arrived here at the Academy, Flash broke Simon Rhus nose because he did something similar to what you did today. Simons parents were really upset and caused quite a stir but after the Thomson's waved a couple thousand in their faces they pulled Simon out of the Academy and disappeared" Debra shook her head "Its no wonder Flash is such a bully when in his little world, money can fix anything. We are glad you didn't follow the same path Harry" Debra remarked turning to Harry who was quietly listening.
"Alright so there's apparently a chance that I might be slightly richer after this ordeal." Peter joked the others gave him blank stares.
"Ok fine, I'm doomed" he admitted "but I don't want you guys to be involved, he can't go after Harry but he'll definitely go after you two if you try to stop him."
"We are your friends we can't just sit by while he beats you up." Harry interjected
"It's because we are friends that I don't want you to be involved with him in any way. Tomorrow is the weekend maybe by Monday he would have cooled off and anyway I can take care of myself."
They gave him a doubtful look
"Trust me I'll play it safe."
Harry slowly nodded "Fine we'll leave you alone for today and we will see what happens on Monday."
DJ and Debra reluctantly agreed.
     After school the quartet along with several other students met up at the front of the academy before heading home
"Are you sure about this Pete?" DJ asked one more time before heading to where his mom was waiting for him.
"I'll be alright; I haven't seen Flash since this morning." Peter assured him.
Debra shook her head "It was nice knowing you Pete,"
"There won't be a funeral Deb I'll be here on Monday as usual"
"May the odds be ever in your favor" Piped up one of the other students
"Alright Effie trinket" Peter chuckled at the "Hunger Games" reference  
"Do you want a ride home?" Harry asked
"No thanks Aunt May is waiting for me at the bookshop. I'll see you guys next week" Peter concluded as he headed towards the looming gates of the Academy. After Peter entered the noisy life of New York that weird tingling started again alerting him of someone behind him, he looked over his shoulder and there to his dismay was Flash along with two members of his outside school gang, malice shone clearly in their eyes. Peter walked faster pushing through a crowd of tourists and normal New Yorkers hoping he would lose them in the crowd, at first it seemed like he did, but that tingling feeling was still there warning that he wasn't out of the clear yet. He kept walking down the sidewalk at a fast pace, when all at once a three more of Flash's gang stepped out from a shop where they had been waiting he turned to go backwards but Flash had blocked that exit. Peter looked to his left at the busy street there wasn't a crosswalk near enough and if he tried to go across here he would surely be run over. He reached into his pocket for his phone but he remembered that his phone was still plugged in at home.
     Peter turned to consider his only option a dark ally on his right he didn't want to run into the unknown especially since he was pretty sure that it was a trap but there was no other choice at the moment. Peter sprinted into the ally way past bags of garbage his shoes squishing through the muck had been washed up by the rainstorm two days ago, Peter felt a serge of relief as a gape soon emerged between himself and his pursuers, he just might escape after all,  but as he swerved around a corner Peter changed his mind there was a tall metal mesh fence blocking his way he came to a grinding halt and quickly looked around there was no possible escape, there where no rickety metal staircases hanging off the walls, no doors to escape into, the only windows where high above his head and the holes in the fence were to small to climb, panic swept over him, he was trapped in a place where there were no witnesses or cameras they could beat him to a pulp and nobody would suspect that something bad happened to him for at least a couple hours.
"I should've taken DJ's offer" Peter whispered hoarsely to himself as the sound of nearing footsteps bounced off the walls alerting him of his untimely doom. Peter's legs trembled and he put a hand on one of the grimy walls to steady himself, to his surprise he felt his hand stick to the brick he jerked backwards and the outer shell of the brick came off the wall along with his hand "Impossible!" he cried staring at his hand. the piece of blackened brick fell off and joined the trash that littered the ally he stared at the rubble for a moment and then a crazy plan started to form in his mind, Peter put both of his hands on the wall and tried pulling himself up. No luck his hands slipped downwards covered by a thin layer of slime. 'Come on, come on! Do it again!' still nothing.
   "Hey Punk!" Flash hollered. He wasn't very far away but he was moving slowly taking his time. Trashcans clattered in the nearby alleyway. 'There's no way out of there! I'm gonna get you good! Your aunt won't know you from a side of bacon when you get home!'
'Just work already!' Peter hissed. He was becoming desperate. Something metal began banging against the walls, slowly approaching him, presumably a metal baseball bat. Flash's favorite. Already he could picture himself smashed against the wall. In desperation he remembered that 'In the movies, the hero always calms down and focuses.' He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, before he once again approached the wall, a determined look settling on his face. He calmly placed his hands on the wall, one over the other, and then he focused as he slowly pulled upwards. He felt his feet lift off the ground and he opened his eyes 'this crazy idea just might work' he thought excitably as he climbed up the wall, slowly at first, but, steadily increasing in speed. Within moments he reached the top of the wall and lifted himself onto the roof and out of view, the metal clanging stopped and Flash turned into the back-alley. 'Come out, come out! Wherever you are!' He turned slowly surveying the empty ally way. 'Hey guys! Looks like dead-meat Peter's decided to make things a bit more fun for us!'
'Yeah, Boss!' one of the stupider looking goons yelled. 'He's like, uh, playin' Hiding seek!'
'You mean hide-and-seek, you moron.' One of the others growled. A fight would have started there, but Flash snapped at them. 'Get it together! Keep your mind on the hunt!'
'Yeah! The hunt, baby!' howled a thug a with a hair-style reminiscent of Wood Stock.
"We'll find him boss, he's probably hiding under some garbage like the insect he is."
     "Insect?" Peter thought as he closely looked at his hand the spider bite was pretty much gone, only a small distinct mark shaped like an hourglass showed clearly on the back of his left hand. Could these strange experiences be related to that spider bite back at the lab? If that was the case then what else had changed about him? He took off his backpack and whipped out his writing book a thousand questions going through his head he opened it and wrote down what he knew for certain had changed.
I can stick to things and apparently climb walls with ease.
I don't need my glasses anymore.
  He glanced over the side again Flash and his gang where making fool's out of themselves kicking over trashcans still looking for him non of them even thought of looking up.
"He could have hidden earlier in the alley and escaped." One of them suggested
3. My hearing has also apparently been improved I can hear over the noise of traffic if I focus hard enough.
"I should write down the time of my discovery." Pete thought as he glanced at his watch and suddenly remembered that Aunt May was still waiting for him at the book store. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and scampered over to the other side of the roof and looked down into another ally not very different from the one Flash had tried to trap him in. He hesitated, looking over the side at the ground which looked very far away. What if he slipped?
'Come on, Peter, it's not that far down, and you already have the hang of it, so move it!" he ordered as he lowered himself over the side, a few seconds later he was back on the sidewalks of New York making his way through the crowd. Aunt May who was standing outside the bookstore hurried over as soon as she spotted him.
"Lands sakes whatever happened to your clothes?" she asked surveying his grimy appearance.
For a moment he wasn't sure what exactly to tell her "I slipped on something on the way here" he improvised.
Aunt may shook her head is dismay "You have to be more careful Peter."
"Yes Ma'am"
"Lets go back home and have you washed up, Uncle Ben is back for the rest of today, he didn't think that letting you go back to school was the best idea in fact he seemed rather worried" she added as they entered a near by taxi started the trek back home.
Peter frowned, that was odd Uncle Ben was one of the few people who thought that Peter wasn't a weakling. Normally he would've insisted that Peter to go back to school so why was he worried? Could it be he knew what happened after the Spider bite?
"Peter?"
"Umm sorry I wasn't listening"
"I noticed. Did something happen at school or are you not feeling very well again?"
"Dr. Jones said that my eyes were in perfect condition and I'm feeling fine just thinking about my next science project."
"Ohh what's your next science project?"
"Arachnids"