𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 🍯☁️

Summary: When Draco has completely pushed himself away from you, things take a dark turn especially when your best friend, Harry Potter casts a sectumsempra spell on him.

Warning: angst and fluff 2.8k words

I sat in my bed reading my favourite book while the moon shone brightly and rain poured down heavily. It had been raining all day however i didn't mind. I loved everything about the rain and considered it as relaxing while I would open up a book and get lost into my own imagination.

It was 10.30pm, when I had read nearly half of the book that was in my hands but I couldn't seem to finish it. My mind was pondering somewhere else, preventing me from completely finishing the book. What seemed to bother me was Draco.

He had promised that he would write to me during the summer break whenever he could but he never wrote to me once. I sent him a few letters then and there but I still didn't earn a reply back. I was mainly worried about him. I wouldn't stop sending him letters until I made sure he was completely fine but then I thought to myself, 'what if he doesn't want to write to me? What if he thinks I'm being clingy?' So I eventually stopped from doing so.

There wasn't much time left anyways. One more week and we would be going back to Hogwarts for our 6th year and how I yearned to see Draco badly than ever.

One week had gone by and there I was making my way to platform 9 and 3/4. A bunch of 1st years were bidding their goodbyes to their parents while the others boarded the train.

When I got inside my compartment, i was greeted by the golden trio. "Oh Merlin y/n, you haven't been writing to us all winter," groaned Hermione while she gave me a warm hug while Ron popped my suitcase onto the upper tier. I turned to face Harry, embracing him while he cradled me ever so slightly.

"You said you would write to all of us, what happened to that," questioned Ron making his way towards me for a warm, welcoming hug. I lowered my gaze in disappointment and shame, looking at the floor.

"It's Malfoy isn't it?" Spat Harry furiously while he clenched his fists tight. My hand travelled to his bicep lightly gripping on it.

"Yes..but no," I sighed, deeply exhaling while both Hermione and Ron cocked their heads in confusion."He hasn't been writing to me all summer...and I'm afraid that something's wrong with him," I blurted out quickly while I tried to not meet Harry's gaze as my eyes filled with tears blurring my vision.

"I just knew he would do something like that, I warned you-," Harry started venting  before I cut him off.

"Harry please.. that's not important right now. What's important is Draco," I muttered in defense of my boyfriend.

The whole train ride was awkward and the tension could have most definitely been cut with a knife. No one dared to say a word until we reached Hogwarts. Harry had glanced at me a couple of times and somewhere deep down I knew he only wanted what was best for me, and I couldn't have appreciated it anymore but anyone who would say a word against Draco would have to fight me first.

In honour of all the students, a feast was held in the great hall. We all took our positions as we sat huddled together with our other fellow house members. I sat besides Harry while Ron and Hermione took their places opposite us. Purposely, I took my seat where I sat just so I could get to see Draco Malfoy.

While Dumbledore started his welcome back speech, I glanced at the platinum haired boy from across the hall as a look of depression smeared across his face. He looked different. His skin had turned paler than it already was and the spark that was usually in his eyes had faded away. I was becoming really concerned about Draco and seeing him look so devastated made my heart shatter into millions of tiny pieces.