𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞

Note: Based on the song 'From Time - Drake Ft. Jhene Aiko' I recommend you listen to it while reading :)

I just wanted to be loved. I just wanted someone too genuinely care about the way I felt and how my heart aches for someone too shower me with such affection that I hadn't ever received. Sometimes I wished things were different between me and my husband. I can't say I'm fortunate, but I was wedded to Draco Malfoy and it was certain that I wasn't the girl he'd ever had wanted to marry or he'd ever seen such a future with.

His future evolved around a certain brunette who'd he had dated during his time in Hogwarts. Her name was Astoria, Astoria Greengrass. The way they'd swing arms whenever their hands locked until there arms practically fell off, the way he rested his head gently on her lap, the way he'd loved her like he'd never loved me was something I'd always yearned for. I yearned for his love.

In the bottom drawer of his night stand, consisted a perfectly, polished, framed picture of the two pulling goofy faces in which, every single night he would view as his fingers glided across the glass frame , reviving all the memories he had stored in the back of his mind. I had tried everything in my power to get him to love the person I was, not the girl he wanted me too be.

Intimacy ended up with me bawling my eyes out until I managed to knock myself out into a deep slumber. Every single thrust, every single touch reminded him of her. The way he'd accidentally roll her name of the tip of his tongue made the tension between the two of us thicken and the feeling of tears pricking my eyes made everything come to a halt. The type of pain I felt whenever her name would slip past his lips made my heart throb, making me shut my eyes tight in order to relieve the pain in my chest. In order too make sure my heart didn't break all over again.

No he didn't neglect me, but it already came to the surface that he would never see me the way he pictured Astoria, her personality, her looks, her figure, everything about her made it seem like I was always one step away from achieving my goal. Becoming obsessed with the idea of him loving me back, made me do ridiculous things that I'd never had imagined.

"These type of things take time y/n, just give him some space. The poor boy still isn't over the girl he loved," my mother explained as she took a long sip out of her small cup filled with tea. The longing silence made the tension increase and the last thing I could do was pick up my stuff and leave. And so I did.

Note - sorry this is so short :( it was in my drafts so I thought I'd post <3