Part Five - Wet in Venice

You planted your feet firmly on the pavement. With your suit at a water resistant mode there was no way you should slip, instead having an extra grip of support. You were still scared though. This was the first time you used your suit for an event as big as this.

Eyes shut tight, you set a focal point on melting Hydro Man down the sewers of the Italian city. The energy from your suit was making your baby hairs rise. Charged and ready to shoot yourself up at the enemy you opened your eyes wide.

At first all you saw was two blasts of green hit the water creature from each side. Then from nothing appeared a man in costume striking Hydro Man with torrents of that same green. It was like a mist. The same green you saw in the video from Ixtenco. A plum cape hung from the man's broad shoulders and that was the last piece of evidence you needed to conclude it was the same person who had fought the monster in the unfortunate Mexican city.

It was definitely not Dr. Strange. He looked like some type of sorcerer: keeping the creature at bay with nothing but venomous looking wisps, carrying himself on the steam laying itself under his feet, emitting triangular orbs of energy from his hands at whim - but you had no idea what he was. His head was covered by a glass globe, misty like a fortune teller's crystal ball.

You stood dumbly. Mouth agape.

The man moved like a dancer, gracefully suspending himself in the air and moving around Hydro Man with ease

The man moved like a dancer, gracefully suspending himself in the air and moving around Hydro Man with ease. He kept the creature from extending by constricting him with force shields formed out of his green energy.

"Excuse me sir!" Peter yelled out.

You snapped your head towards Peter, who was holding on to the top of a fallen building. He was wearing a mardi gras mask.

"I can help! Let me help!" He pleaded to the mystery man. "I'm really strong and sticky!"

"I need to lead it away from the canals!" The man replied.

He sprung through the air, away from the canals with the creature in tow. Peter followed and worked on keeping everything together, not letting Hydro Man's destruction hurt anyone in their path.

Well not before its arm completely swatted at you and almost drowned you. You lay on the hot pavement like a fish out of water, sprawled out and gasping for life.

The three powered figures faded into the distance and you managed to bring yourself up again - spitting out water and rubbing at your now red eyes.

You still stood there dumbly.
Useless like always. What could you offer to this battle?

Through angry tears you put your suit away and ran towards the Piazza San Marco in search of your school group. They were hiding under damaged merchant stalls watching the unnamed superhero finish off the creature. He made it melt into the pool that was now the square of Piazza San Marco.

"Yo (Y/N)." Flash noticed your sudden appearance. "You went swimming?"

"No." You growled.

"Oh well, you got a little..." He motioned at your dripping clothes and hair. "...water on you."

You gave him a death stare and he just put his arms up apologetically before turning to look back at the action.

You wiped your tears and glared at Peter who had just lost his grasp of the belltower. Why was he always the one to ... save the day. You snapped yourself out of it and started to head towards him to help him, but you suddenly felt a sort of unease. It felt like you were being watched.

Everyone was cheering for the man who had just defeated the water creature, but you turned back to find him looking at you. At least, it felt like he was looking at you. You couldn't really tell because he had a whole mystic marble over his head.

You stared back, getting lost in the swirls that the green made inside of the sphere. He waved to the side and you felt your chest grow tight. Peter... in the way of your glory again. You got the feeling of being looked at again, the man's feet angled towards you.

He flew away. Leaving you in the dust like you've always been.