Part Four - The Man Who Walked On Water

You had already packed your suitcase days before so all you did the morning of the trip was throw in some last minute things that you had been using the last few days, and zipped it up. Not giving a second glance back you locked your dorm and headed off to the meeting place.

At school everyone rode together to the airport and for some reason you had just realized that your luxury seat in the first class cabin was right next to Flash Thompson. He was pretty happy about it, never really having an issue with you. You on the other hand were always tired of his aggressions towards Peter.

You pulled up the shutter on the airplane window and tried the hardest you could to block Flash's voice from your head. He was going on and on about how his Spider-Man fanpage on Instagram was getting so many followers. Since you were ignoring him he decided to pick on Peter instead. He yelled across the cabin with a cocktail in hand, "Yo, Parker! This is an airplane ... like the buses you're used to, except it flies over poor neighborhoods not drive through them." You were about to hit him with a comeback but MJ beat you to it. She told the flight attendant that he was not of age and the attendant took away his drink. He ran after the lady who snatched the drink from him. Peter and MJ shared a look of amusement. You beamed. She totally liked him and it looked like Peter's plan would come into fruition. You were so excited to watch it unfold.

Too bad Peter had "perfume allergies" and MJ got seated next to Brad for the whole trip.

Nothing you could do for the poor boy stuck sitting next to Mr. Harrington.

You took a peaceful nap on your comfy seat, only taking breaks from it for food or to use the bathroom.

---

Once off the plane you met up with Peter and Ned in the airport. You were so shook when you saw Ned and Betty kiss, a whole question mark evident on you and Peter's faces. Ned just shrugged innocently, admitting they were now a couple. Waving it away like nothing new.

You both shook your heads in disbelief making your way to the security check. Peter complained the whole way about how MJ and Brad had been giggling together watching movies together the whole flight.

"There's nothing to worry about!" You reassured him. "He's not all that."

You made your way through the security check without any issues, waiting for Peter to make his way through. There was some sort of problem with his luggage and you almost went back but decided to go to the group instead and tell them to wait on you.

Before you left you glanced back and saw a snippet of red and blue in his suitcase, the security check personnel holding a banana in her hand. You panicked at the idea of him being discovered but the employees just thought it was some sort of costume.

You caught up to the group and made them stop just as Peter caught up all out of breath. "I'm here!" He managed between shaky breaths.

Both teachers nodded as if they hadn't completely forgotten about him. Absently feigning relief. "Oh, thank goodness."

You motioned for Peter to get close to you. He did, still out of breath and face red from running. "Thanks (Y/N). For waiting."

"No prob Spidey Boy." You giggled.

He shushed you, "Don't say that! What if someone-"

"Well what about your suit? You couldn't have made it more obvious."

"It was May."

"Didn't you realize with your Spidey Tingle?"

"Shut up."

---

Venice was like a warm bright filter.

Golden Hour.