Chapter 2 - A Second Chance

Two short weeks went by when Eve woke up to find a picture text from a number she didn't know. The picture was of a crowd of people from the point of view of someone on a stage. She was confused at first and scrolled down to see what else the message had thinking it was maybe a chain letter.

*notice anything? ---{@ ???

It said. She rolled on to her stomach and propped herself up to look at the picture better. Zooming in on it she noticed right off the bat almost ten girls with flowers in their hair. She laughed and wondered who sent the message. She couldn't say she'd completely pushed Jiho and Kyung from her mind since Ale talked about them from time to time and it had only been two weeks.

Eve looked at the number that had sent her the message and wondered which of the two had sent it. A big part of her wanted it to be Jiho in hopes that maybe he was growing some balls and wanted to drop being such an awkward kid. The smaller part of her said: you know its Kyung.

He was more confident and would probably have no problem with asking a girl who obviously liked him for her best friends phone number. He was safe either way because he had a girlfriend. She texted back.

*the flowers??

* XD exactly! You're a trend setter!

*and you're kinda creepy.. Strange anon that's sending me pic texts..

*LOL this is Kyung :D

*oh.. This is Eve.?

*LOL I know. I got your number from Ale. Why didn't you come hang with us last weekend?

*the lack of an invite might be a justifiable reason..

*you were invited! We told Ale!

*she never told me..

*O that explains it! X3 lol well then what about this weekend?

*its Sunday..

*it never hurts to plan in advance! :D

*we'll see..

*aw you're gonna be like that! Really??

*not to be rude but I think I'm a bit old to be hanging around you and your crowd..

*age is just a Number! Lol alright alright I'll leave you alone. Don't be afraid to text or call whenever you wanna feel like not an old lady! Have fun at temple! Ttyl

She read his last message and rolled her eyes as she saved his number in her phone. A few minutes later she got a particularly happy picture of himself with Jiho. She wondered why didn't he just send one of himself since he obviously wanted her to set it as his profile picture but from what little she knew of Kyung he probably wanted her to have the picture of Jiho so he could tease her later on. She set the picture as his caller Id and peeked about for her room mate who know where to be seen.

Tuesday rolled around innocently before it sprang something on her she hadn't been expecting quite so soon. She got an email from one of her professors asking her to visit and set up a booth at one of the local high schools for college day both Thursday and Friday. For some reason she cringed at the thought of being around high school kids. She usually enjoyed doing this kind of thing having done it at least once a year since she'd been at this campus. The email asked her to reply back with an answer and while she was dying to send back an apologetic rejection she, with a sighing heart, sent a formal acceptance.

Thursday morning Eve pulled on her polo with the school logo on it and a high school appropriate khaki skirt with some flats. She used Ale's little curling iron and put on a headband and clipped a flower to it. When she was done getting ready she went to the main office to pick up all the things she'd need. She noticed there seemed to be a few things missing and started to glance around.