Chapter 4 - Sparks

They didn't have to drive into the new town to get to the theater, which already had a line of cars waiting to get in. Eve adjusted to try and get a good look.

"Ever been to one of these?" Jiho asked watching her.

"Yeah we had one at my home town. It had these little deals that had the speakers that you would hang in your car window." She said.

"Wow! Old school!" Jiho laughed he wanted to put his arm around her. Hold her hand anything but he stopped himself. He could wait until the movie was actually playing.

Once they were inside Kyung parked backwards at screen 1 while MinHyuk drove off to screen 2 so they could switch between movies. They got out of the truck so Kyung could make his adjustments and Eve took advantage to look around.

It was a really nice place. Everything was still pretty new so it all had a very modern look to it. The first two screens were angled almost back to back and the third was sort of off in the distance as though it had been added as an after thought.

"You'd think MinHyuk would've parked at screen 3." Eve said.

"Nah. The good movies are over here. Unless you like the Lepracaun." Jiho said.

"Um... Yeah no thanks." Eve said and they chuckled.

"I'm really glad you came out with us tonight." He said with a smile.

"Well I didn't want you to be the third wheel." Eve said expressing something she'd only just noticed on the ride down there.

"Take a picture with me." He said.

"I don't really do pictures." Eve said.

"Come here." He said pulling out his phone and pulling her close. He put his cheek against her temple. She could smell his cologne and her insides clutched at how good he smelled and how soft his cheek was. He was making it hard not to fall for him.

He texted the picture to her then was smacked on the side of the head with a beige blanket. Kyung snickered and Jiho fumbled with the blanket trying not to drop it and succeeded. Eve just laughed.

"We're all good in here!" Kyung said pulling a water bottle from the cooler.

"Um. I know this is kinda lame but I got this for you." Jiho said handing her the blanket. Eve looked at him suspiciously.

"He really did! Or he brought it for you in any case." Kyung called out to her.

"Thanks." She said noticing it was kind of a dull color.

"I think you look pretty in pinks and browns but uh you don't seem girly enough for a lot of pink." He said with a slight stutter not really looking her in the face. She blushed and wondered how would be best to thank him even though she already did.

"When does the movie start?" She asked.

"Its almost sundown. Its about to I guess."

"I want some candy. Let's go to the snack bar." She said taking his hand and setting the blanket down. He blushed and regained his confidence.

Walking into the snack bar, Eve took a moment to take in the 50’s retro theme of the place. Black and white floor tiles patterned the floor and the blood red accents behind vinyl records on the wall made for a fun atmosphere. Jiho walked off to order their snack while she was busy looking at the low rider and Elvis decorations. Without thinking, she took a step back to admire the display when she bumped into someone.

“Oh I’m so sorry.” She apologized.

“It’s cool…” an Asian boy in glasses said and let his words trail off. He looked at her for a moment then said, “Don’t I know you?”