Chapter 13

The door slammed open and Blathers sat up with a startle, "Hoot!" 

Celeste had barged into his room holding her laptop with an excited look on her face.

"Good heavens, Celeste! What is the cause for such a racket?"

She placed the laptop on Blathers' lap, "I've finally decided which University I'm to attend next term!"

He rubbed his tired eyes and took a look at the screen, "Animal University?"

She smiled proudly. He scrolled through the page to examine the program she was interested in. Astrology.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you adamant about leaving this city and going to school abroad?"

"I've had a change of heart. I decided I didn't have to leave just yet. I could manage another four years here in the city. I'd move into the residential area of the campus of course."

Blathers laid back in his pillow, still feeling sleepy. He quickly shot up into a sitting position again, "Did Kevin by any chance bring about this change of heart? Eh, Wot?"

Celeste shut her laptop and denied his suspicions all while blushing.

"You had it written all over your face when he came over yesterday. Oh Celeste, how you're easily swooned. He's far too old for you, and you two have such different interests. And he's my friend, therefore I forbid you to bother him with any such fantasies!"

"Oh stop it, Blathie! You don't know what you're talking about! ...I just decided Animal University is a good choice and my decision is final. Mother will be glad, and I'm heading to the campus with you to register in person."

"Hoot!? You're coming with me?"

"Yes, I believe I am. It's almost 2:00pm, we should head in right away before the registration offices close and so you can make it to your class on time."

She walked out of his bedroom and shut his door. Blathers leaned back and covered his face with his pillow, "Why must Wednesdays be so early, hoot!"

They left their home together and made their way down the street and out of their neighbourhood. After about a ten minute walk they crossed some busy intersections until they reached the Campus grounds.

"This place looks pretty big. Which building has the registration office?" Celeste looked around at the surrounding campus buildings.

"It's the same one my Ichthyology class is in, so you can just follow me."

They trailed across a field and made their way through one of the building entrances. The registration office was only down the hall from the entrance.

"Very good, Celeste. You should be able to find your way out of the building and make your way back home the same way we arrived. It's fairly simple really. My class is about to begin and it's down these halls over here, so if you don't need anymore help, I'll be on my way--"

Celeste gasped and pointed behind her brother, "Taurus!"

Blathers turned around to see Kevin chatting with some of his friends in the hall. Kevin noticed Blathers and waved. Blathers waved back.

"Hey, that's my buddy, Blathers!" he handed his friend a football he'd been holding.

"Who's the girl waving beside him?" asked one of his friends. Kevin stopped waving and adjusted his knapsack, "Uh, I'm not sure actually... She looks kinda familiar though."

Kevin patted his friends on the shoulders and said goodbye.

"He's coming this way! Blathers, how does my bow look?" She adjusted the large pink bow on her head.