Chapter Eight

Glum And Dumb 

"Anyone up for a game of street fighter?" Max asks. 

I had other plans. I was going to put all my energy into getting that Kirby and I wasn't stopping until I did. The sign next to him said 40,000 tickets. Shit..Maybe I cant do this. No! Think positive (Y/n)! You can do it if you work hard enough! Just believe in yourself and you can achieve anything.

I wonder away from the group and over to a token converter. I take out all my money and push it into the slot. I grabbed the handfuls of coins and put them into my jacket pockets. I looked at the others. They all seemed busy playing fighting games or claw machines.

I walked over to a 'Down The clown' game and slid two coins into it.  The multicolored balls dropped from the top of the top. I start throwing them as fast and hard as I can. Damn it. These fuckers wont go down. Must be rigged..or Maybe i'm just weak as hell.

I pulled my tickets out of the game and walked over to 'Galaga'. I slid my tokens in and began playing. I move my starter ship side to side while I shoot. I was so close to the jackpot. 

I could taste it. 

The buzzer on the side of the machine goes of. The screen lights up my score. 1380170. 

"Yeah!" I push my fist in the air and did a little victory dance. Tickets spewed out of the slot for several minutes. I broke them off and counted them. 6,000. I wonder if that's enough? I walk around looking for the item counter. 

"(Y/n) you look like a lost puppy. What are you doing?" I turn around to face the voice. Perfect.

"Oh hey Ele!" I smile at her. "Did you come find me because you want to help me with something?" I ask.

"What are you-" I cut her off.

"There's no shame in wanting to help me win a giant Kirby plushie Ele! Its okay!" My smile gets wider. She sighs.

"Fine." She says. I grab her hand and pull her to the counter. The tag says 50,000. 

"Fifty thousand?!" I whisper yell.

"How much do you want this?" Ele asks.