Chapter 6: The Date

"Um- I feel like I do, but I don't want to get hurt again." Y/N replied.

Kiya, however, let out a smile.

"Do you actually think he's gonna hurt you? I saw him protect you from that asshole of an ex of yours!" Kiya shouted.

And in an instant, the whole class stared at them in confusion. They both apologised and continued with their conversation.

(Time skip)

Tsukishima and Y/N walked to the gym together without saying a word. It was like a habit for them. But suddenly, Y/N tripped on a rock but luckily Tsukishima caught her in his arms. They stayed like that for a few seconds, until...

"Wow, I didn't know Tsukishima and Y/N were dating." Sugawara said while chuckling.

They looked at each other for a moment before Y/N stood up on her feet.

"So, you guys really are dating." Daichi added.

"Pfft! Me? And this bean pole right here?! I would never!" Y/N denied but somehow it made her heart break.

"Why would I date this shortstack right here?" Tsukishima said.

Y/N suddenly felt her eyes getting watery so she ran away.

"I need to go to the bathroom! Head inside without me!" She said rushing away from them.

When the seniors left, Tsukishima chased after her. He saw her sitting on the floor, her knees and arms covering her face. He could clearly see she was crying. Y/N, however, didn't notice him chase after her. So Tsukishima squated infront of her and asked her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Leave me alone for a minute. Please?" Y/N said.

"Okay, but after practice, meet me at the back, we're going to a café after practice. Okay? So don't be late!" Tsukishima replied.

So Y/N stood up and dried her eyes. She headed to the gym with a small smile on her face. As she was heading inside the gym. She saw that practice had started already.

"Sorry I'm late Coach Ukai!" She bowed down infront of him.

"It's fine." He replied.

"Y/N-san!"

She heared two guys running towards her. It was Tanaka and Nishinoya!

"I thought our goddess was lost! Never come in late again!" Noya screamed.

"Cut it out you two! Get back to practice!" Daichi yelled at them.

Y/N found it somewhat amusing so she let out a giggle.

Tsukishima heard it and he thought to himself...

"I wish I could make you laugh like that." Then he sighed.

He looked at her and smiled. Yamaguchi, who was standing right next to him, noticed.

"Huh? Tsukki, what are you smiling at?" He asked.

"Shut up Yamaguchi." He answered.

(Time skip)

Y/N happily walked to the back of the gym where she saw Tsukishima with his headphones on while leaning on the wall. He saw Y/N and he immedietly took his headphones off and walked over to her. He held her hand and walked together.