Chapter 1

Chapter 1

27 August 2000

My Dear Buddy,

This is our last night in this convent.From tomorrow we will be in another place with some other people ,totally strangers to us.Anyway it was not that new to me, spending my days with strangers.In 18 years of my life , around 14 years ,I lived with strangers,no blood relation and no family.I know I don't have anyone to say as my own,but I wished like always ,how it would be like to have someone who will take care me as their own.

My Maa...I don't remember her face clearly,I lost her at the age of 4 . After that I came to this convent.sometimes I felt that my mother know that after her death nobody will be there for me. May be that how she deposited a huge amount in my name and a monthly amount from that account can use for my expenses.She made sure nobody touch that money until I turned to 21.

Nirupama Menon,Daughter of a famous Hindu ortodox family who eloped with a Christian boy Alexander Roy at the age of 22 and changed her name to Nirupama Roy.
The couple faced a lot difficulties in their way as they worked hard and successfully build their own life. Nirupama had completed her LLB degree and worked hard to save a fortune to her small family..Then I came to their life as it brought happiness in the small family.

Alexander Roy , my father worked hard as he build an emperor in the business world with the help his wife.

He named his daughter after his wife that much he loved his wife,or that he thought.....

But their happy moments lost ,when they found that my mother had the last stage of Leukemia. Alexander went into depression as he escaped to alcohol and other bad habits.
I heard from my nanny (caretaker)who looked after me in my mother's absense ,that my mother faced a lot in her last days..May be that why she  secured my life with a good amount of money, but is that what I want....nobody know about my inner turmoil...a girl who had plucked like a flower,then moved to a convent at the age of 4 ..all my life I had carved for parent's care...mothers in the convent cared me in their own way...but still I felt empty inside me...

You may be wondering, how I know about my family...actually all know my story here...it was a like a secret that every body know....so I overheard it one day ,when kitchen staff was talking about me...

I didn't have any friends at school...it's like nobody wants to make friendship to a kid like me ,an Orphan....Even am I an orphan?...I can say...it is a big No..if I am an orphan,...I should be there in the orphanage....

My Maa made sure I should not be in orphanage, so she selected this place for me until I became 18 years old.I had a feeling that my Maa know every things before..So she planned so well to keep me away from dangers.....my Maa ...I wish she is with me now...

No buddy...I am not crying....you know right...I will be emotional when I was talking about my mother.....

Earlier in my school days some class mates want to be my friends...but later their parents found about it as they didn't allow them to continue their friendship with me..It was painfull for me at the begining,but after sometime I just modified myself to not allow any friends in my life. Even in the convent hostal some kids tried to be my friend ,but I avoided all types of relationship with them,I kept a line between me and them.What I did was studying...and studying...it made me forgot everything...every pain in my life...after studying ,I had you...my dear friend  ....my favourite dairy...I can tell anything to you...I meant anything....

Now I bored you telling my old story to you...any way you are not new to my story...l lost the count of telling you my story....but you are the  only friend I have in this whole world...so I can tell you anything...you will not shout at like others..