βҽէէҽɾ ǶąӀƒ

dis is based on the 4th game of the lakers vs. blazers series, everything the same cept blazers win :)

-

CJs head was spinning in circles. He watched as Dame was escorted off the court and into the tunnel. He knew it wasn't like Dame to stay out of the game, so that meant it was serious. CJ wished more than anything to be there with him and to know if he was going to be okay. His brain wandered back to the events of the morning when it was just him and Dame enjoying each other's company, oh how he wished he could go back in time and relive those soft moments. 

The sound of whistles blowing brought CJ back to the present. He sighed and walked over to the bench taking a sip of water. He pretended to listen to Terry talk about the new game plan but all he wanted to do was talk to Dame.

"Ay coach, mind if I go back to the locker room?" CJ asked shyly.

Terry gave him a soft look, as if he could read his mind.

"Yea CJ, just be back soon, we need you okay?"

CJ mumbled a quick thank you and okay, practically jumping out of his seat to go check on his "teammate."

Dame heard the door of locker room open. He looked up, locking eyes with CJ. He was grateful but also felt guilty for making CJ leave the game.

"You okay?" CJ asked looking down at the floor fidgeting a little.

"Yea I'm fine, probably sprained it, nothing I can't handle. " Dame answered.

"Why you not out there playing? We still have a chance, whole quarter and a half left..." Dame started trailing off

"Dame, I could give less of flying fuck about the game, especially now that you're injured our chances just went down the drain. All respect to the team but you're a main man, you facilitate, score, give us confidence, and are an overall leader...we can't do it without you..." CJs voice cracked as he spoke. He looked up at Dame, eyes glossy. He pulled him into an embrace. They stayed like that for a few seconds just enjoying each other's company, before Dame spoke.

"Aw thanks for the gas bra, but they still got you, it's not over till the last buzzer rings. This is basketball, seconds are minutes, minutes are hours. Put your head in the game bae, you got this."

CJ smiled softly against Dame's chest. They didn't really use pet names that often, or get the chance too, but when they did, it gave CJ a fuzzy feeling inside.

Dame turned CJ around to face him, he winced a little as he moved his knee, but suppressed the pain.

"Deadass though Christian..."

CJ playful punched him, he knew he hated when they referred to him by his government name.

Dame laughed.

"But for real, you miss half the shots you don't take, and all gas, we have one the deepest teams in the NBA. You're saying I'm a shooter but you're twice as clutch as me. We're a team we bounce off each other's energy. But even if I'm not out there, you got the guys behind you, Melo, Nurkic, Hassan, they all got you. Just do your thing and everything will fall into place."

Dame gazed over at CJ's noting the noticeable twinkle. Moments like these were what he yearned for.

"Thanks for the motivational speech, old head, maybe you should trade in your rap career for a motivational speaker position." CJ stated cheekily. He pulled Dame closer to him.

They both bursted into laughter.

"I'm only one year older than you, so don't start." Dame insisted rolling his eyes.

"Yea whatever you say Damian, least I'm not in the 30s club. You boomer." They both chuckled.

"Hate to cut our little tea party short, but my knees killing me and you got a game to win sir."

CJ grinned and stood up. Dame stood as well for a split second, before sitting again.

"Don't break anymore of your knees you old grandpa."

Dame chuckled rolling his eyes.

"Get to the game, Christian, they're counting on you."

Dame blew him a fake kiss.

CJ caught it placing it on his heart. He goofily grinned.

CJ started slowly running out of the tunnel, turning around and blowing his own kiss to Dame. He had everything he needed to get back in the game and win this, not only for the fans but for Dame.

a/n- ye ik i was supposed to make blazers win but i got lazy, wanna keep my first one short n sweet :p, maybe i'll make a part 2? depending on how they play in game 5, we'll see.