𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

cj gets his heartbroken but dame is there to pick up the pieces and mend them back together <3

-

Dame opened the door to his multi-million dollar apartment. Exhausted was an understatement, they had just finished a series of long tough road games against some of the best in the league. They had taken a few Ls here and there but nothing disappointing enough to break their spirits. The Blazers were fighters and they were willing to fight till the playoff cutoff.

Kicking off his shoes, he gently closed the door and threw his training bag somewhere he would be able to find it tomorrow. Every fiber in his body was screaming at him to take a cold shower and get into his king sized bed which he had missed over the course of the last couple days. Although, he did get to share a bed with CJ a few times which was great, not that he was gay for his teammate; he was as straight as a pole, he just liked to have warmth and comfort while sleeping in a bed that isn't his own.

Dame walked into his bathroom and decided against taking a cold shower and instead went to run the faucet in the bath. Cold showers were great when you were sore as hell but he had time and he wanted to relax, so a bath it was. He opened one of the many cabinets above his sink and took out a few candles placing them on the counter, he really wanted to set the mood for himself. Dimming the lights, he slowly shed his clothes and sank into the bath. Dame grabbed his phone and put his music on shuffle; some Bryon Tiller gently started to spill out of the speaker he relaxed further into his tub.

He had been in the tub for about 20 minutes nearly drifting off to sleep when his phone started ringing. Not checking the caller he answered.

"Hello?" Dame started

"Dame.........she left." CJ replied voiced slurred as ever

"CJ? You good bra?"

"Come over?" CJ whimpered

"Okay, but what's happen-" Before Dame could ask what the deal was the call was cut short. He was confused and slightly annoyed at the fact that he had to leave his current position but he would do anything for his teammates even if it meant blowing out the candles and going out in this cold ass fall weather.

Dame hopped outta the tub and blew out the remaining candles. He threw on a random hoodie and some joggers. He almost packed a travel bag as he felt he would be there a while, but decided against because CJs crib was basically his second home and he had outfits there if needed. He grabbed his wallet, keys, phone, slipped on some slides and headed out the door.

"CJ?" Dame called as he knocked on the door

"Yea, come in" a small voice replied from far off.

Dame entered CJs house still a little weary of his surroundings. He placed his stuff on the counter and locked the front door. He looked around CJs town house. They had been back for barley 24 hours and this mans place was trashed. For as long as he had known CJ, he was a perfectionist and clean freak so he was kinda shocked, he shook his head and walked towards CJs master bedroom, assuming that's where he was. If he had thought the living room was bad, CJs bedroom was worse, there was stuff flying all over the place.

"CJ bra, what's happening with you?" Dame questioned walking towards where CJ lay. CJ gave him a blank, kawhi like, stare in response.

"Dame......, hold me, please?" CJ pleaded finally looking over at Dame

"I-, I don't think I ca-"

"Please?" CJ begged. Dame looked into his friends sad eyes, he was still lost as ever but he decided to just shut his mouth and climb into the bed.

He climbed over CJ and slid into the spot next to him. He raked his hands over CJ and pulled him closer too him. They had done this many times before but today it felt different and he couldn't explain why. Dame stared up at the ceiling looking for something to focus his eyes on. He didn't know what to do so he waited for CJ to either fall asleep or say something.

"It really is those closest to you that hurt you the most..." CJ stated

"What do you mean?" Dame questioned, he looked over at CJ who currently had his eyes closed

"Ellie. She left me."

"Oh." is all Dame could manage to get out. He couldn't say he saw this coming but Ellie had recently started acting very entitled, especially when it was just her and the team. He assumed that they were just going through one of those hurdles that every couple had once in awhile and that they would be back to their old loved up selves, guess he was wrong.

"It's hard to forget someone who you've imagined spending together with...." CJ sighed keeping his eyes closed.

Dame continued to silently stare at him not knowing what to say. What is there to say when your friend just got their heart broken. He pulled CJ closer to him.

The longer they sat in silence the farther Dame thoughts wandered. He pondered over what love meant to him in an attempt to find ways to comfort his friend. Dame had never been one for love because he always viewed as a distraction. He had goals in life that he wanted too accomplish and dreams he wanted too fulfill, so constantly being in a battle with his body over feelings of another human being was a though he always tried his hardest to suppress. He started to go over a list of people he cared. His mom, siblings, teammates, coaching association, CJ.... The memories of them flipped through his head. All the late nights spent practicing, all the road trips, shared beds laughter, tears, good eats, and everything in between. That's when it hit him, he was in love with Christian James McCollum.

a/n - it's been a minute lmao sorry. can y'all tell I love writing fluff, angst, n cliffhangers lmao. promise imma write a part two, if y'all ask for one anyways. also i purposely changed cjs wife name too a name similar to hers lmaoo don't wanna go around disrespect nobody name lmaoo. but anyways; i kinda wanna start publishing my smut stories im jus a scared ass bitch because im pretty sure I haven't mastered the art of writing people fucking as well as I am at writing people having emotional break downs and then getting comforted lmao. but i do have sum spicy planned for the next chapter and it's gon feature our favs ifykyk. after dat I'll prolly get back to this n actually write an ending lmao. anyways thank y'all for everything i promise after i do these god damn exams I'll post more luv y'all fr rmbr despite everything das happening in the world rn we move n it always gets better 💞