ꜱᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ...?

the trade........

-

Bradley stared at his phone in disbelief. The headline jumping at him threw the screen
"John Wall of the Washington Wizards has been traded to Houston Rockets for Russell Westbrook and a First Round Pick" his body felt numb and lifeless. He couldn't say he was surprised or shocked; everything had been blur since the rumours of John wanting out of DC started surfacing a couple weeks back. He remembered how badly he wanted to believe it was just the Media talking to talk but he had sent it to Wall and received no reply back — that silence spoke a thousand words.

All those years of grinding, being each other's backbone all gone in a minute. Maybe he shouldn't have been a love blinded idiot, this wasn't the fantasy he badly wished it was, falling in with your best friend almost always ended in heart break. He should've known better than to fall for someone who didn't even know which side he was rocking with. But that was the bad-boy charm about John that constantly led Bradley in. It didn't matter how mysterious or troublesome John was, Bradley was always gonna be there to love on him, or so he had thought.

The more time passed, the more blurred his mind became. All those memories, stolen kisses, tender looks, late night practices. All the time he spent praying for John's recovery and massaging his thighs knowing it didn't help the pain, what did it all mean, where did it all go? So he called the one person he could talk to in a state like this. John.

"Hello?" John's raspy voice spilt threw the phone and into Bradley's ear. On any other day he would've been ecstatic to hear it, but not today. It almost pissed him off how nonchalant John sounded,

"So this is it? This is how our chapter ends?" Bradley demanded, he didn't know whether to be mad at John or not, but his mind was a blur

"Bradley I-"

"Was I not enough for you?...What did I do wrong?" Bradley choked out, he felt soft tears starting to fall down his face

"Baby, it's not like that I promise, just let me explain..."

"What is there explain? What else is left to say? Are you gonna tell me that all those nights on top of the arena counting the stars meant nothing? All our light nights on the road huddled next to each other were just a figment of my imagination? Maybe I was stupid for falling for a token mysterious bad boy, thinking I could change him.." Bradley accused, he let out a small chuckle, how could he have been so foolish? You can't teach an old dog new tricks, nobody liked him before so why did he fool himself into thinking somebody would now.

Bradley didn't know if he said that last part for John or himself, either way his mind was lost and his heart was broken, how was one meant to function when your other half leaves you in a pit of snakes?

"Bradley, baby, don't think like that please, everything we had and still have is real, that'll never change."

The other end of the phone was silent now, Bradley no longer had the strength to talk. Why should he give himself false hope? He had already spent enough time pacing around the bone like a lost puppy.

John continued to ramble and beg him to speak— as if he was in an ocean desperately searching for any sign of life.

Bradley eventually found himself slowly ending the call and wrapping himself in his covers, if this was how they were meant to end so be it. Being a professional athlete was never meant to be a teen romance novel filled with clichés, they had warned him there was no loyalty or love in the "business" but he thought they were spitting nonsense. He thought that they were the cloud with silver lining, the back court duo that could rule East. He had been so desperate to prove them wrong, so desperate to show that love prevails over all, he stupidly blinded himself and set himself up to get heartbroken, ....so who was there to blame?

a/n - feeling like MJ cuz i took that trade personal as hell!!!!!

for those of y'all that don't kno alr, bout a week ago i believe john, no legs having ass, said he wanted out of DC, but front office said they not looking to trade him, but ofc dis happens.. they always lie..... honestly idk at this point, bro spent 2 years gang banging then decides he wants a new team, okay? 😹 y'all im jus pressed dat we lost all of our iconic n original east back court duos tbh, who we got now, dame n cj? yea idk anymore😭 basketball skills aside can we ever catch a break like damn i jus want my bromances to live, n unlike the kawhi trade dis don't help either of the teams now or in the future

y'all kno i never write angst too so i was mad af writing dis lmao also excuse any errors, i wrote dis in one sitting n posted it which I NEVER do so u kno they had me fuming fr, all i have left to say is PLEASE treat my boy Bradley well, he did not average 30 last szn get no all star for dis bro. he was so hype to play w john ugly ass too smh. don't even get me started on how dat boy ROBBED the wizards, dude got payed max to chill at home n go to another team smh...lemme tighten up tho😭.. anyways hope y'all had a good one, n see y'all whenever i decide to ramble next x