the one where kyles insecure n demars hugs r warm ♥

who doesn't love a fluffy comfort fic ft. our favourite neighbourhood couple

-

Kyle mindlessly scrolled through Instagram waiting for DeMar to come back up from the car. He had left his keys in the car, typical DeMar, He thought chuckling to himself. Taking a spoon from his McFlurry, he decided to check Twitter and see what the fans had to say about his performance. Kyle wasn't a big social media user, he occasionally went on to see what the fans were saying and show some love but he enjoyed staying lowkey and having his confidence intact. People online were vicious, especially people that weren't a big fan of the Raptors. But he thought he played well enough today to receive mostly positive feedback.

"The way that the Raptors have one of the deepest teams in the NBA, but y'all aren't ready for that conversation😳" ~@wethenorth6

"Wish I could have chemistry like Kyle n DeMar" ~@easymoneysniper
-"Maybe cause you're a snake, cupcake😐" ~@russwest14

"Look at Kyle n DeMar man, so inspirational" ~@flight23white_

Kyle chuckled. He continued scrolling until another comment caught his eye.

"Raptors won by pure luck today. Don't know how they get any ball movement with that fat fuck Kyle Lowry on their team. How you the vet of the team but still out of shape?" ~@salty76rsfan

Kyle instantly swiped out of the Twitter app and turned off his phone. Enough social media for today, he thought. He chucked his phone on the couch mindlessly, not caring where it landed. He stared at the McFlurry in his hand, suddenly feeling sickly, he placed it on the counter.

Maybe I should take a shower, Kyle thought to himself. Cold showers hit different when you're sick. He took off his shirt and walked towards the bathroom, stopping in front of the standing mirror they had place beside the door. He stared at himself. Comments on his body flying through his brain, the one he read last practically screaming at him.

Kyle Lowry the fat fuck. It's not like he hadn't heard comments on his body before after all being in the spotlight comes with all types of unwarranted opinions. But maybe because he had a good game, or because he was basically being called the fuck up of his team, it stuck with him. Imbedded in his brain, burning through his skull. He was so indulged in his thoughts, he didn't notice DeMar walk back in.

"Jesus, 'tis cold as polar bear pussy out there." DeMar exclaimed closing the door. He had lived in Toronto for over ten years now, but that cold winter air never seemed to get old. He closed the door and kicked his boots off, placing them by the door.

"Kyle?" He called placing the keys on the key rack. DeMar walked over to the living room, he noticed Kyles phone on the edge of the couch and the McFlurry on the counter. Probably went to take a piss he thought to himself. He rolled his eyes and picked up the McFlurry. DeMar always teased Lowry that he was like messy toddler, Kyle never put anything where it was supposed to be. He placed the McFlurry in the freezer.

As he walked into their bedroom he saw a sight that broke his heart. Kyle stood in front of the mirror with a disgusted look on his face poking and pulling at his stomach. It gutted DeMar to know that Kyle didn't see himself the way DeMar saw him.

"Oh baby..." DeMar whispered.

Kyle whipped around, like a kid who had just been caught stealing candy,

"Sorry, I was just...." He stammered not looking DeMar in the eye.

"Hush, c'mere.." DeMar wrapped his arms around the smaller mans shirtless body.

Maybe it was because DeMar's arms were so welcoming and warm, or because Kyle just felt like his entire performance was thrown out the window, he started to cry. Not a loud ball, just soft tears, almost like the sound of light rain on your bedroom window.

"Don't cry baby, " DeMar stated softly. He hugged him a little tighter, hoping to squeeze all the negative thoughts a way. "You wanna talk 'bout it?"

Kyle shrugged playing with DeMars hands, a habit that had quickly become a soothing method. Something about big hands just made him feel soft and fuzzy inside.

DeMar sighed, knowing Kyle and his stubbornness it was a gonna take a hot second before he discussed what was bothering him. He pulled them on the bed. They lay their for awhile soaking in each other's warmth as light snow fell against the window.

"Y'know you're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later.." DeMar pleaded.

Kyle sighed.

"Do you think I'm too fat for basketball?" He blurted out.

DeMar looked at him dumbfounded.

"Kyle, you had a 30 piece, how does that scream out of shape?"

Kyle fidgeted a bit then shrugged.

"Luck I guess."

DeMar sat up and stared at him with confusion written all over his face.

"Low, where's this coming from?"

Kyle looked down again, embarrassed to tell DeMar that some shitty tweet written by some waste yute had him so worked up.

"Twitter comments eh?" DeMar questioned knowingly.

Lowry cursed under his breathe. Sometimes he hated how much DeMar could read him.

"Kyle, what uneducated baffoons say on the internet is irrelevant, I see you everyday, not only are you drop dead gorgeous but you're also an essential part of the team, that's not something that comes with lUcK, it's hard work and training that you've put in all these years."

He titled Kyles head up so they were making eye contact.

"Not to mention, the only thing fat here, is that ass." DeMar finished smirking.

Kyle giggled rolling his eyes. He rolled over, placing his body on top of DeRozan. Lowry hugged him receiving a sloppy kiss in return.

"Drop the @ though fam, need to know who we pulling up on."

Kyle laughed again.

"We're not pulling up on anybody, I like my reputation as the nice guy, thank you very much."

Now it was DeMars turn to roll his eyes. The way Lowry went from sad to happy in a matter of minutes really did amaze him, he really was a child living in a grown mans body.

"Yea yea whatever you say, but next time somebody gets you down enough to not finish your McFlurry, just know it's on sight."

They both laughed. Inching closer together partially because they were so in love but also because it's Toronto and it's fucking freezing. Eventually both mean drifted into a peaceful slumber, not before finishing the McFlurries ofcourse.

a/n - are u really in the nbgay fandom if u don't have at least one kyle n demar fic w a mcflurry reference lmaoo. sorry for the ending it was lowkey kinda rushed cuz i didn't kno what to write anymore n felt like I was dragging it. i might do an x rated version of the same fic but instead of telling him deebo shows him, who knows, thanks for all the love xoxo