Chapter Fifteen

One year passed. Harry settled down far from any village or any sort of settlement, warding the area to discourage any Muggles from approaching and built a new shelter, this one with a few rooms and a stone floor. He had grown tired of having a muddy floor.

The rooms were cold most of the time until he put in a fireplace. He kept that room as a bedroom and kitchen, using the other rooms for storage. He had to build the furniture from scratch, and also make sure he had clothes that fit the time period. Not shabby though; he had had enough of shabby clothes. He kept it simple, and had his robes in the bag which he nowadays carried with him at all times.

You might wonder how he was doing on the Dementor front. Well, he had a few more of them now, having grown them on his own until he found a solution. The solution came with how he made them from the start.

He'd make a garden with them.

The first Dementor had screeched in confusion when he told it.

"What?" Harry said. "I plant a seed that grows into a tree and on the trees grows Dementors. It's the theory anyway, I suppose I'll fail a million times before I manage to get it right."

He sat down on the bed. The summer wasn't really that warm, and the house was made out of stone, not exactly the best material for isolating. But he had taken the habit of warming some stones each night, wrapping them in cloth and stuffing them in bed with him so when he slept it was warm and cosy around him.

"Is a garden stupid?" he asked once he'd summoned Fred and George's spirits.

"For what?" Fred wondered.

"For growing Dementors?"

"Growing… Dementors? Out of what, a flower?"

"No, a tree. I take the seed I create with my own magic to grow them one by one, and I plant it, and feed it somehow and maybe it grows into a tree that makes Dementors?"

"How the hell are you going to do that?" George wanted to know.

"I don't know that part yet, I just wanted to know if it was stupid!"

"If you succeed at it, mate, a garden's great," Fred said. "Have you tried it?"

"No, not yet. I don't know if I should direct my magic to make the seed any different. I don't want a Dementor to start growing in the cold earth, that's mean."

"Says the one who's killed what, dozens of people since he landed in the past?"

"They were annoying," Harry bit out.

Plus he had been bored. He thought that trying to figure out how to make many more Dementors grow would keep his mind busy but by god how bored he had been at times. He felt he had a purpose in the future, even if that was killing people and now in the past he was just beginning to find a purpose, creating Dementors. But then what? Would he create thousands of them and make them attack people who annoyed him?

That sounded boring, so he'd been doing some killing on his own. Having other do the work for him was fine at times, but sometimes he just had to de-stress himself.

… Yeah, that was a bit weird saying or even thinking.

"Harry!"