Thirty-Five

Lucion's POV

I felt guilt consume me as we sat around the dinner table.

Xavier's eyes never met mine as he ate silently.
Callum immediately noticed the thick tension in the air as Danny continued making babbling noises as he played with his food.

The paperwork's had just been done, we're finally adopting Danny as our own.

I know we're moving a little too fast since we're just trying to get to know each other but this is what Callum wants and I'm going to do whatever my mate wants.

He has been studying from home-going for online classes....
We've been looking for a good professional nanny for our son, but so far, we've got no luck.

I looked at Xavier.
"Xavier,can you pass over the salad?" I said as I wait for him to react.

He tenses a bit before he slightly gets over to reach the salad by his side. I noticed how he winced as the edge of the carved table graze his rib side.

He breaths heavily as he grips his glass of water after he passes over the salad.
I watched as he stands up. I smell his blood as he was wearing a black shirt.
I see a damp area over his shirt.

Is he bleeding?

"Excuse me" he says as Callum glanced at him holding a spoon of mashed beef and potato paste to Danny who ate it like the good boy he is.

Callum looks at me, his curly silver locks coming over his baby blue eyes.

"What's up with you two?" I hear him ask as I hear crashing from upstairs.
"Fuck " I cussed as I knock over my chair as I stood up.

I rushed out of my seat, running upstairs as I hear my son crying from the first floor of our house,his mama-Callum trying to calm him down.

I crashed open the door seeing Xavier leaning against the marble cabinet by the bathroom counter.

His shirt was off as I saw a loaded gauze pad full of dark red blood.

"I'm OK" Xavier panted as sweat glistened his body.

He looked pale. Too pale for comfort.

I go to help him up the counter but he shoves me.
"Just fucking don't......I'm fine" he growls panting, his chest heaving up and down. His curly neatly cut hair, was moist from the water.

His bangs over his forehead gave off that 'fuck boy' vibe as I stared at him.
"I'm sorry" I said shoving my hands in my dress pants pocket as he looked up tiredly at me.

"Pssh, yeah right.....you know what?what do you think of me?huh?some fuck boy?I have a fucking kid for Pete's sake. I'd never. NEVER stoop that low when I have the best. So maybe next time, before you start going all batshit crazy on me, get the fucking info right. I never have cheated on either Callum or you and I never will" he says getting up.

He cleaned himself up as I waited outside for him.

Callum walks down the hallway coming towards us, with Danny in his arms.

"Hey,what's wrong?" He asks bouncing the frustrated boy in his arms.

"Xav.....we had a little fight earlier and he's still mad at me. Here let me take him" I said taking Danny from him as he gives me a thankful smile and peck to my cheek.

"I'll see if he's OK. Why don't you bath Danny here?" He asks tickling the boy on his under arm as Danny giggles hiding his body the best he could in my chest.

"Okay" I said as I take my sonny boy to have his bath.