Chapter 1

"And...cut!"The director yelled and Lee Sung Kyung bowed to thank everyone for another successful photoshoot. It had been a long exhausting day as she plopped down on the sofa of her dressing room. Yet she had no regrets. Aside from the fact that she enjoyed the make overs, playing dress up and the freedom of creating a different character everytime she was in front of the camera, she just felt lucky and blessed to be one of the few people who made a career with what they love and still thriving in their competitive industry where new talents emerged daily.

She closed her eyes and maybe have a few minutes of quiet and rest before her manager arrived for her to pack up and leave but then the annoying ticking of a clock was distracting her. She opened her eyes and found the cheap plastic culprit hanging on the wall behind her. Her eyes widened when she saw the time.. it was 5 minutes past midnight and she was officially another year older.

She literally dived for her phone and check her messages. Her phone inbox, her public and private social media accounts and emails where flooded with thousands of greetings from fans, friends, co workers and from her product endorsement companies.

Yet she ignored them all and was only looking for that one message she wanted to see. But it wasn't there. Nothing from him. Her heart sank.

Did he change his mind about her?

Did he finally gave up on her?