Chapter 4

Since that day Sung Kyung developed a kinship towards Hyo Seop. As they grew more comfortable around each other she liked hanging out with him to the point where she would move to have her make up done beside each other most of the time that even their make up team got along so well that they started hanging out on their own too. She confessed to him that she had found him quite arrogant in the beginning and he told her it was hard for him to get close to people the first time. Despite coming out of his shell compared to how they started Hyo Seop's introverted personality was still apparent and so Sung Kyung would be barging in to wherever he was hiding and would drag him to were most of the cast and crew would hang out during their break. It was secretly because of him too that she started their Monday and Tuesday nights get together on each other's house but mostly it's usually her place as he was most comfortable there to watch the current episodes of their show being aired to get him to mingle with friends and not stuck reading his books all the time and getting drunk on soju alone.

Sung Kyung's interference made Hyo Seop livelier on set and left good impression on others. His friendlier rapport even made him work better. He himself noticed how getting along well with others was creating a positive change in him that one day Sung Kyung was so happy to see him reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

As days went by they had become closer as they had both a lot of things in common. They both love to travel and would discuss places they've been to and still wanted to go to. They both adored pets and would usually compare notes and share pictures of their cats and her dog. They both loved to sing, they both played the piano and Sung Kyung had made him listen to her favorites like Claire de Lune and Brahms. They complimented each other too. She liked to talk he always listens, she loved to cook and he liked to eat. She loved watching romcoms he liked to indulge her that on weekends it had become their thing as long as there was no shoot between them they would find themselves sitting on her couch eating junk foods and binging on Tom and Meg or Richard and Julia.

Little did they know a storm was brewing in the horizon.

They were oblivious to the fact that their closeness was creating a buzz amongst the cast and the crew of the show. Until one day one of her cast mate and friend So Ju Yeon asked her

"Eonnie, you'll tell us when you and Hyo Seop are officially dating right?"

She was taken aback by the question that It took her a while to answer. "What dating? We're not even considering that!" She said adamantly.

"You're not? Oh sorry..we thought that you know..well and I heard that..and um some people said." She stammered surprised by Sung Kyung's vehement reaction.

"Well we're not and tell the others to please stop assuming. We're good friends and that all there is to it." She told her bluntly. She knew she sounded harsh but she hated it when false speculation arises. Being in an industry where these kind of things normally happened she still found it despicable.

The coming days she was suddenly more aware of the people around them. Despite disliking it she had her guard up once again. Hyo Seop had noticed her distant demeanour towards him too. He had asked her a few times if she was okay and she told him that everything was fine. She felt so guilty when she cancelled their weekend ritual and saw the hurt and confusion in his eyes and yet he said nothing and just nodded his head.

Hyo Seop started to keep his distance from her too. She realized she cooked too much extra food that nobody was eating. She found some funny cat memes that she had nobody beside her to share it with. She bought too much junk food as she watched her romcom on a Saturday night that she ended up not finishing as she saw a picture that Min Jae shared in their group chat with Hyo Seop hanging out with him instead of her.

She missed him. Gossips be damned she needed her partner in crime back.