Chapter 6

They finally called it a night after the fun they had. Lee Sung Kyung quickly said goodbye when Hyo Seop excused himself to go to the bathroom as she still felt disconcerted about what He said and wanted minimal interaction with him. On the way out their cast mates couldn't help teasing her and she did her best faking a smile as deep inside she couldn't help but think that maybe he didn't really mean what he said after all.

She was walking a quarter of the way back to her house when she heard someone call her up from behind.

"Hey noona! Wait up."

She temporarily froze as she knew that voice all too well but she didn't look back as was she still annoyed but it didn't stopped her heart from beating rapidly again. He had finally caught up and started walking beside her.

They both walked slowly side by side to avoid slipping on the melted snow since they could barely see the ground as the road was dimly lit by the barely there street lights. All was quiet as it was late at night and only the occasional barking of the dogs could be heard. Yet inside her head it was as loud as the busy streets of Seoul on a weekend. Questions were running amok in her mind. What was he doing here walking with her and staying quiet? Did he have something more to say? Was he going to apologize for lying about liking her?

"I truly do like you noona."

Oh shit. Did she asked the last question out loud? She looked at him with a horrified expression on her face.

"We may not be long time friends but you wear your emotions on your face noona. Especially your eyes they truly are a window to your soul." He told her while staring at her eyes.

She had to look away from his intense stare
As she could feel her face starting to heat up. What was this boy doing to her? It seemed like all her systems were functioning abnormally around him. He's making her feel discombobulated.

"Your next question I assume was why was I so nonchalant about it tonight right?" He asked her smirking.

She looked at him with wide eyes. "Damn, am I really that obvious?"

He looked at her and smiled although she noticed that his smile didn't reach his eyes and she was somehow bothered by it.

"The horror in your face after what I said was all the evidence I needed to know how upset you were with my confession."

Sung Kyung felt guilty that she made him feel that way. "I'm so sorry if that's how my feelings came across. The truth is I'm more shocked than upset. It's the first time someone told me he liked me in front of friends and co workers. You left me speechless and thrown!" She exclaimed.

"Well what did you want me to say?"

"Well you could have said no!"

"And what noona? Pretend that the number of times they've caught me staring at you in a day was nothing? That every time they saw me smiling at the silliest and mundane things you do was nothing? And everytime i went out of my way to see you happy was nothing?" He told her quite loudly.

She was stunned. Would this guy ever going to make her heart take a break? Her brain was in mayhem, her thoughts disarrayed.

"You went out of your way? When? how?" It was the first thing that came out of the rubbles in her mind.

He hesitated. She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms on her chest.

"The weekends." He finally answered.

"The weekends? You don't like them?" Her heart sank. It was the best part of her week.

"No. I mean yes. I mean I'm not really the romantic comedy type of guy.." he said massaging the back of his neck.

"But i do like spending it with you. I think I watched you more than the movies anyway." He added casually.

Wow. How could he be so blasé about this? It's not like they're talking about the weather right?

"Oh." Was all that she could manage to say. Ahn Hyo Seop really knew how to make her heart and mind function erratically.

They continued walking quietly again each lost in thoughts. She realized that she didn't mind his confession at all. More than ever she wanted to keep him in her life as she had valued his honesty to her and she knew she could trust him. Suddenly she remembered why she had wanted to talk to him in first place. She stopped walking and turned to him and he did the same too. She refused to look at him though as she felt somehow embarrassed and she stared at her boot clad feet instead.

"Hey um, about the way I acted these past few days..I'm really sorry. I know I should have told you what's going on but you see I've been dissociated with people I used to care about a few too many times in this business because of false speculations and it never gets easy..and I guess walking away first has become my escape mechanism to protect myself from being hurt..and maybe I was just afraid of what you'd think of the rumours going around." She can't believe she was actually being this forthright to someone she just recently knew. But Hyo Seop had been a great sounding board to her as he truly listened without judgement.

She finally raised her head to him and Hyo Seop looked at her with incredulity. "I'm not really the kind to believe in gossips noona, nor will I leave friends behind because of it." Then she noticed his eyes turning soft as he said "Definitely not you. Besides it wasn't really a rumour was it?" a half smile formed on his face and the twinkle was back once again in his eyes this time with a dash of mirth.

"I guess I know that now." She rolled her eyes at him but she couldn't help smiling back too and she could feel her cheeks warming up again. She quickly turned away and started walking.

They were almost to her house when suddenly she felt his arm playfully pushing her to the side.

"We're okay right?" She could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

She pushed back at him a little bit harder. "We're better than okay" she assured him.

He pushed her again and she retaliated until they found themselves pressing on each other's arms and nobody moved as they continued walking.

The warmth emanating from him even through the layers of clothes gave her the same comfort as snuggling up in a cozy blanket with a cup of hot choco on a cold winter night.

And she liked it. She definitely liked it.

"Hey Hyo Seop?"

"Hmm?"

Did you find the reset kiss boring?"

"Huh?"

"I saw you yawning!"

"Well I'm sorry I couldn't sleep the night before because this girl that I like was ignoring me!"

"Whatever"

"Hey Hyo Seop?"

"Hmm?"

"You're bringing the popcorn and the bag of skittles on Friday night."