Ichi

I C H I

I C H I

An Endless Wasteland

(つ✧ω✧)つ🍖⊂(・▽・⊂)

DIS

GUS

TING!

IT WAS the only fitting word to describe this horrendous dish. And behind this irksome masterpiece was no other than the son of the most dexterous chef at the Sumire Street Shopping District, the son of the owner of the beloved Yukihira Diner; Yukihira Soma.

The said young lad sat on a yellow, wooden crate as he chewed on a piece of grilled squid. 'They don't go together at all ─ they're a bad match!'

It's a dreadful match indeed. Squid and peanut butter was a disgusting match. It's so disgusting that it's so good ─ well in Soma's view that is.

"Soma, what's that?" Hirabayashi Ikki asked with his usual monotonous voice while looking at the catastrophic food.

"Oh, Ikki-chan!" Soma took a piece of the grilled peanut butter coated squid, and waved it in front of him. "Want some?" he asked with a sinister grin playing on his lips as his eyes glowed mischievously.

Ikki blinked, unfazed by the devilish look on the red-headed boy's face. And with a stoic expression, he nodded. "Sure."

He grabbed the piece of seafood, stared at it for a while before biting into it. 'The peanut butter's creamy and oily content destroyed the natural taste of the squid...'

Meanwhile, Soma was in front of him, leaning in closely as he waited to finally see a sickened reaction from his friend.

But, sadly...

"It's delicious." Ikki said, taking another bite. "Can I have one more?"

Soma sulked. Oh, it wasn't the first time he created something as horrendous as this, and if he fed it to other people, they would've cursed him at the irksome taste, but Ikki would be the only one who seemed to be enjoying every single bite of it.

Every time he's created one after another, he'll have his friend have a taste, only to receive a blank look and a delighted palate in response. His goal is to see emotions appear on his emotionless face using his disgusting dishes.

It was actually another showdown between him and his father ─ the showdown of who is to make the most loathsome dish that'll make Ikki say it's foul as hell. It was a showdown that both of them couldn't win.

Yet.

Another whimsical grin made it's way on Soma's face as he began thinking of more disgusting recipes he could try to create.