Roku

R O K U

R O K U

The Mama of the Polar Star Dormitory

(┛✧Д✧))┛彡🍚┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

AFTER THAT encounter with the guy who reeks of cinnamon, Soma and Ikki went on to find the Polar Star Dormitory, the place where they'll be staying at while they're in Totsuki Academy. Although Ikki wanted to introduce Hayama to Soma, the latter seemed to be rather unhappy to talk about the former.

Heck, he didn't even wanna know Hayama's name, so Ikki just moved on to another topic.

"Ikki-chan, where'd you get those scratches on your face?!" Soma exclaimed, grabbing Ikki's face in his hands. "Who did this?! Was it that white-haired son of —"

Ikki cut him off by raising his hand. "I just fell," he lied. "You know how clumsy I can be sometimes."

Okay, he did feel bad about lying to Soma, but he didn't have much choice, because if Soma even so much as to find out that he was beaten up by those guys? All hell will break loose. Soma was a really protective kind of friend, after all.

Imagine if Ikki told him about the kiss — ah, his cheeks flushed a bit just by remembering.

'That was really surprising,' he thought. 'It's the first time that a guy kissed me and it felt really weird...' he shook his head vigorously to take his mind off of it. 'I shouldn't think much of it. Aki just missed me, that's all.' he nodded to himself with closed eyes. 'Right, right. It's nothing.'

Meanwhile, Soma suspiciously raised his eyebrow at Ikki. His gut was telling him that there's something more to the story, but he'll let this slide — for now.

Sooner or later, he'll find out the truth anyways.

Because Yukihira Soma always finds out — especially when it's about his dear, beloved friend.

Once that was settled, they proceeded to walk up a hill-like path that, according to their map, was supposed to lead to their destination. The sun was on the verge of setting, so they had to fasten their pace if they wanted to arrive there before nightfall.

Ikki groaned in exhaustion when he saw how much further they had to walk. It may sound as an exaggeration, but he was on the edge of dying. It has been quite a long time since he exerted this much stamina on doing something, probably because he was always either munching on foods in Yukihira's Diner, or just taking his precious naps in his apartment.

'I thought we were just gonna cook. If I was informed that we'll be doing hill climbing, I would've at least stretched...' he placed both his hands on his hips, and took deep breaths. "Are we...fucking near yet?"

'He always had the urge to curse whenever he's frustrated...' Soma chuckled. "To be honest, I'm not sure." he replied, setting down his charcoal grill on the ground, not noticing that a piece of paper flew away from his hand and disappeared into the wind. "Man, I'm starting to feel the cold. And, I'm hungry! The dried squid's just not cutting it anymore!"