Jyu Ichi

J Y U

J Y U

 I C H I

The Quiet Don, The Eloquent Don

(The Preparation)

(ノ ̄皿 ̄)ノ🍚ノ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ノ)

"WHAT SEEMS to be the problem, Hira-kun?" Erina directly asked, her arms crossed over her chest. To be honest, she didn't have a single clue to why Ikki seemed mad at her about something — she didn't do anything wrong to him, nor to Yukihira Soma — well, not yet to the latter anyways.

Ikki sighed, and looked at her seriously —- his eyes boring into hers. Although Erina was surprised at the stare he's giving, she didn't break eye contact.

"Let me get straight to the point," he began, running a hand through his hair. "Is it true that you're shutting down research societies, just because you don't approve of them?"

"So what if I am?" she retorted, arching an eyebrow at him. "The research societies that I have taken down have either shown no progress for a long period of time, or the quality of their cooking is low class. They're a waste of space and resources, and Totsuki has no place for the likes of them. They. Are. Useless."

"Erina..." Ikki called her again by her first name, making her flinch. His tone was calm, but she wasn't used to not being called by the nickname he gave her. "Who are you to decide that what they're doing is useless? They're dedicating everything they have in their research societies. The foundation of it, the recipes they worked so hard to come up with, their effo —"

"It isn't enough!" Erina yelled. "Besides, I did give them a chance to defend their societies through a Shokugeki, and I won fair and square against them. Why are you even making a big deal out of this, Hira-kun? I don't see the reason why you're defending them."

"Well, I'm not really making a big deal out of this, and I don't really care about those research societies you shut down..." he replied, his tone monotonous.

"Then, why —"

"Because I care about you..." he cut her off, taking a few steps closer to where she was. "I care about you, and that's why I don't want you to make rash decisions. I care about you, and that's why I won't tolerate you doing something wrong to others. I just want you to realize that shutting them down just because you didn't find them useful isn't right."

He stopped in front of her, and placed a hand over her head, ruffling her hair softly. "I don't want you to do things that you'll regret in the future...Naki-chan..."

Erina looked up at him, and engulfed him into a tight hug. To be honest, her views about the research societies haven't changed, but she does know that she doesn't want Ikki to be disappointed in her, so she'll try to lessen the research societies she'll shut down.