Chapter 7

Your P.O.V.

It's been really crazy the last few days for everyone at the camp. We all believe that the merge will be soon since nearly half of the contestants have been eliminated. And it seems no one has been able to find that hidden invincibility statue yet. I was in the forest with Dawn when Chris came on via the intercom.

Chris: Attention campers, please report down to the main hall for today's deathtrap... er, I mean challenge.

We all made our way there and, like last time, everyone just stared at us. We just felt uncomfortable about it, so we sat down and Chris spoke up.

Chris: Okay, today's challenge is going to be an easy one. It's a scavenger hunt for pieces that will construct a team totem pole. However, there are going to be some traps along the way.

Sky: What kind of traps?

Chris: Just stuff like bear traps, oil spills, and other hilarious things. But why spoil the surprise on the rest, right? Each totem has six parts with your teams pictures scattered all around the island. First team to find all the pieces and build their totem wins invincibility.

With that we came up with a plan to each look for a piece. And once we find the piece we bring it back to the camp. So we all split up and went looking for the totem pieces. I started searching the island for any of my teams totem parts.

Y/n: Alright, if I were a totem piece where would I be hidden?

I started to search near some caves to look for any pieces inside. I couldn't find any there so I started to search around the beach. And when I didn't find any there so I started to search the nearby woods.

Y/n: Man, I've been searching for over an hour and nothing.

Confessional

Y/n: In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have said that.

Confessional ends

And then, out of nowhere, I fell into some hole. I looked up and saw that I was a few feet deep. It looked like I had walked into one of the traps Chris had set up. After I got up I noticed a hole and decided to follow it. And after about ten minutes I ended up in some sort of old mine.

Y/n: Wow, this is amazing.

I started to look around to find a way out and I found something even better. It was a totem piece and it had my teams logo on it. And to make matters even better I had also found the invincibility statue behind some rocks.

Y/n: Yes, now how to I get out of here?

I hid the invincibility statue on me as I started looking for a way out of that old mine. It took me a while, but I managed to find a way out and had ran into Sky and Brick. And they were both hanging in a net, which I figured was another of Chris' traps.

Y/n: Let me guess, Chris?

Sky: Yep.

Brick: Could you help us down?

Y/n: Alright, just give me a sec.

With that I set down my statue piece and climbed the tree to help them out. As soon as I got to the top I loosened the knot and it caused both of them to fall to the ground. Once they got up I had realized that they had a totem piece too. I was about to ask them where they found it before Chris spook up.

Chris: And with that both teams only need one more piece of their statues.

We all just looked at each other before we picked up our statue piece and started running. Luckily, I was able to get a head start and knew my way back to the camp. After a couple minutes of running I could see the others and I ran as fast as I could. And what happened next completely surprised us all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn's P.O.V.

I was searching the island for any of my teams totem pole pieces. I was asking the animals if they have seen any and it lead me to a river. I started looking and noticed that some beavers were using part of it for a small dam.

I was able to get the piece from them and decided to help them finish the dam. As soon as I was done I made my way back to the camp to find the others already trying to put it together.

Zoey: Dawn, over here.

Dawn: I found our fifth piece.

With that we started to build our statue just as the other team started to arrive. After a couple minutes both teams were tied with five pieces each. The Seagulls were waiting for Sky and Brick while we had to wait for Y/n.

Mike: That's good all we need now is the head piece to win.

Chris: And with that both teams only need one more piece of their Totems.

We had to wait a couple minutes before we saw Sky, Brick, and Y/n all running back. Y/n was in the lead and Sky was slowly catching up to him. However, Brick was running So fast he knocked over his team's totem and they started to rebuild. So Y/n ended up throwing his piece and we were all shocked to see it land right on our totem.

Chris: And the Terrific Tigers win.

We all started cheering as the seagulls all just glared at Brick. Then I noticed that Y/n came up to us and was out of breath. I just walked up to him and gave him a hug.

Dawn: You've won us the challenge yet again Y/n.

Y/n: C-Cool.

Confessional

Y/n: I don't know how much longer I can keep my feelings for Dawn a secret from her. I guess it's best if I tell her how I feel before it's to late.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn: I guess I should tell Y/n how I really feel. It's only a matter of time before he finds out, so I may as well tell him myself.

Confessional ends

When I stopped hugging him I saw that he was redder then a tomato. I started to blush to and the others were just all grinning at us. After we celebrated we found out that Sky had been eliminated for setting off the trap. I decided to get some fresh air and found Y/n on the balcony again.

Dawn: It's a nice view, isn't it?

Y/n: Yeah, it is. Hey Dawn, I've got something to show you.

Then he pulled out the invincibility statue from his pocket. I was surprised that he had managed to find it.

Dawn: W-What? How?

Y/n: I found it in a mine where I found the totem piece. My guess is that Chris hid it there for a later challenge.

With that we just stayed up on the balcony and fell asleep together. I knew I had to tell him how I felt, so I decided to do it after our next challenge.

Chris: And with that were now down to twelve. Who will be eliminated next? And will Dawn and Y/n finally tell the other how they feel? Find out next time on Total! Drama! Tropical Island!