Chapter Two

I felt gentle strokes on my cheek. I purr under my breath, I snuggle up to him more.

        "Hey kitty want to get something to eat?" he hugs my small framed body closer to him. I meow, forgetting that I wasn't able to talk anymore, but I guess he could read my mind. "Let's go get something to eat kitten." I softly purr, nudging my head under the palm of his hand, wanting him to stroke my head again.

        We walk (well he carries me) the steps. We walk into the kitchen, he opens up the refrigerator door, and pulls out the delicious substance. Milk. I mew rapidly waiting for him to pour  it in a cup for me. 

        "Okay kitty," he grabs a red glass and pours the drink into the glass. Anthony hands me the glass and I began to gulp it down.

        Anthony smiles, but glances at the clock. "Oh shit! I've got to go to work," he says in a panicky voice. I tilt my head as Anthony runs in and out of every room in the apartment collecting random stuff like papers and pencils.

        "Bye kitten," he rubs my head before exiting through the front door.

        I guess it's about time I explore my new home.

*** 

        Anthony sure does have a nice place. I found a remote control I press the on button. The screen made a noise and it made me jump a little. Animal-Planet was the first channel to pop up, they're having a nice documentary on cats and kittens.

        An hour or so later Anthony returns home looking quite exhausted with his shoulders slouched over. He takes a glance at the screen, "so what are we watching bub?" The kittens pop up on the screen again. "Oh..."

        I can't believe Anthony sat through that long ass documentary with me, I fell asleep the last two minutes of it, but woke myself up at the credits.

        "Oh Ian Bear, you fell asleep," Anthony snuggles with me and I felt warm, and safe. I almost wish I met him sooner, my life would've been much better.