Chapter 14 - Mom asks for Forgiveness

Love makes people go wild. It can create emotions in your heart. It has been said that once you fall in love, there's no turning back. But it's not always like that.

I've been in my room for three days now and Mom isn't home yet. Lucky she found her love but Dad wasn't, even me. I'm still in pain because of what happened between me and Dona. She made me believe in all her lies. Looks can be deceiving, though. I fell for Dona's charm and never thought she would end up threading lies just for that easy money. All I've ever thought, she's different. Now, I was alone and brokenhearted. One way of forgetting and moving on is to go back to Pampanga.

I received a message from Mom that she's already back and just in her office. Right, I'll come over there to bid goodbye. She's still my mother but that would be the last time I'm gonna see her. I will forever be gone from her after that.

As I parked my motorcycle, I saw students running and shouting. There might be chaos or a fight. I decided to look for it and I was shocked!

Gilbert is holding Mom by her neck with a knife! I felt scared but wanted to save Mom. How am I supposed to do that? Oh God, help me save my Mom. Help me.

Other instructors are pleading him to let go of Mom but he wouldn't listen. He's just speaking and I can't understand every single word he's shouting.

I tried asking someone beside me. "Can you please translate every word he had said in Tagalog?"

The guy looked at me and nodded. "Sabi niya, kailangan niya ng pera. Kung hindi raw magbibigay ang school o si ma'am President, papatayin niya ito."

I thanked him after translating. I felt so mad at Gilbert. I was right all along that he had bad intentions with Mom! Hayop siya!

I tried to step up. "Nalagot nako sa imo! Let go of my Mom!" I shouted as I used the words that Dona had taught me with a translation 'Naiinis na ako sa'yo'.

He laughed evilly. "Hoy! Amerikanong hilaw! Huwag kang manggugulo rito! Baka isaksak ko sa leeg ng babaeng ito ang kutsilyong hawak ko!"

I stepped backward and raised my hands. "Sorry, please, don't hurt my Mom. Let her go and I'll give you the money."

He's shaking his head. "Not your money but your Mom's!"

"Buang ka, Gilbert! Dili nimo makuha imu gusto!" Mom shouted.

"Hilom!" Gilbert answered.

My heart's beating fast because of what might happen to Mom. I'd once lost a father, I can't afford to lose my Mom now. I don't wanna be left alone.

"Mom, ali ka na sasabi. Iligtas daka,"mahinahon kong wika.

Mom is crying now. Gilbert will pay for these! He will rot in jail once he'll get caught!

Suddenly, some policemen went toward the scene and tried to calm Gilbert but he's not listening.

"Tay! Undanga na na!" a familiar voice from my back shouted.

"Dona?" I was alarmed 'cause she called him 'Tay'.

She didn't look at me but tearfully stepped forward. "Tay, please. I want you to stop this whole damn thing now!"

We are all shocked except Mom.

So, Dona is Gilbert's daughter? What a sh*t! She even hide that matter from me! I shouldn't believe her anymore. Dona is the goddess of lies!

"Hoy! Don't you mess with my plans! You're not helping me at all! I asked for your help but you failed me!" he answered.

Dona is doing one step at a time. I know she had plans so I should help her.