⚡ღ Adapt.

Hitoshi's POV

The blonde had tear stained cheeks as he shoved me in the chest and ran far from me. I watched as he left me with a ticket and hid on the subway.

For maybe a split moment, my heart felt a tiny tinge of pain for him, but I was quick to shake it off. He's just crying, seriously Hitoshi? 

I looked back at the star stricken man behind the booth and the old man just shrugged like he didn't really know what had just happened either. 

I just nodded at him as a goodbye and boarded the same train as Kaminari had escaped to. I looked around the train for the obviously upset boy and found him farther away from the door by himself. I took the empty seat beside him silently. 

this is so awkward.

Unsure whether he noticed my presence, I whispered "Kaminari, thank you," only receiving a nod. 

I groaned quietly and pushed my hair back from my face in pure annoyance. 

I said thank you, what else could he want? What was he even doing here? I don't have time for this dumbass.

"Why did you come back?" I mumbled. 

He looked up at me, his eyes red and a little puffy, and from the look on his face I could tell that he was wondering the same exact thing at this moment. For a second that made me feel empathy for him, but really it was his own fault. How could he come back here so unknowingly of my situation. 

"Shinsou what happened to you?" if the question hadn't taken me by surprise then maybe I would have realized that he had aged so well. 

His face wore a pained expression, like he was grieving someone. Maybe he was grieving for me. I'm sure he had noticed by now that I had changed.

"Not everyone stays the same after high school, things happen," I mumbled, kind of frustrated from only getting silence in return. 

I took advantage of his speechless moment to actually take a look at Kaminari. When I had saw him yesterday I was so panicked and desperate to disappear that I hadn't even realized that he looked so much more mature now. The unshaven stubble, the raspier voice, the longer hair. Was that a ponytail? I choked back a small chuckle. He looked up at me with curiosity and I just smirked at the way his eyes stared at my expressionless face like a curious puppy.

"You're such an adult now, when did that happen?" I grinned idiotically. 

His expression was quick to change to an offended look as he tried to defend himself, "What? You're so mean! Of course I'm an adult now, it's been years since I've even heard from you!" his voice slightly cracked, and he must have noticed because his cheeks were slightly flushed. 

I raised an eyebrow, amused, bringing my hand up to mess up his hair, making it come out of the very small ponytail resting on the back of his neck. I wasn't sure if he was growing his hair out of if he was just trying to keep it from getting into his face. I want to see his bangs frame his face the way they did back when we were in school. I want to pull his hair from the ponytail and call him dumb for tying it up when it looks great down. But I keep both hands in my pockets with my half empty box of cigarette, fighting myself trying to prevent me from touching him although I wanted to so badly.